F•O•U•R

^sunset^

4: A Sunset Worth Watching

∆Alexia Hepburn∆ 

A gorgeous array of colours blended to perfection in the evening sky. Blue's, pink's, purple's, and oranges painted the heavens, leaving me in a calmed state. 

I sat on a branch, attached to a colossal oak tree, situated at the rundown park close to the trailer, and daydreamed about a fictional world as I peered at the stunning sunset.

"Hey there, Alexia. What are you doing up there alone?" I heard from below me. I peered down spot Archie standing at the bottom of the tree.

"Hey, Archie. I'm just watching the sunset." I greeted, waving. "Wanna join me?" I requested the redheaded man.

He looked down at his phone, then shrugged. "I guess it wouldn't hurt." He started the climb towards me, where I scooted to the side slightly to make room for him.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I asked the ginger, muscle man.

"Yeah, it really is." he agreed. "You know, I haven't watched the sunset is years." he told me.

I sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Well, anytime you feel like escaping reality, call me." I informed him, giving him a sly smile.

He chuckled, "Alright. I'll make sure to do so."

I felt my phone vibrate in my jacket pocket. Pulling it out, I noticed the message was from Jughead.

Cuphead🍵:where are you?

Lexmania🍸: watching the sunset. Why?

Cuphead🍵:ok. Dad was wondering. When you coming back?

Lexmania🍸: when the suns completely set😂😂

Cuphead🍵:😂😂okok. Be safe, see you later.

read

I put my phone back into my pocket and set my head back onto Archie's broad shoulder.

"Jughead?" he wondered.

I nodded, "Yup."

I let my thoughts run through my head as I continued to watch the sunset. Thoughts of my parents clouded my mind. What would my life be like if my parents hadn't died? Would I of even met FP again after so long? I wouldn't of become friends with Tony and Sweatpea and the gang. So much has changed since their death, but I can't help but think what happened to them was a 'good' thing. I wouldn't of become close to all these amazing people if  they still here. Heck, I'd probably be in the garage right now, fixing my car, or making designs for future cars I'd get.

Of course I miss mom and dad, but we all go through tough times in life, and all you gotta do is get up and continue living. You never know when you're going to pass on, so live every day as if it's your last...which is not what I'm doing...

I came back to reality, sighing. The sun was over the horizon, the mix of colours blended into darkness, and the stars started appearing.

"I should get back to the trailer." I informed the ginger.

"Alright. I'll walk you." he offered in return.

We carefully climbed down the tree, and dusted off the 'dirt' on my pants.

"I don't know... I don't want you getting jumped or something, I'll be okay, I have my pocket knife." I said, scared fir my friend to get hurt.

He sighed. "Alright, Lex, whatever you say." he stated, hugging me.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Be careful." he scolded.

I laughed with him, and we went on our seperate ways.

I made it to the trailer by 8pm, super calm and relaxed. I walked through the door, and imedietly saw FP and no Jughead.

"Hey Jones. Where's Jug?" I asked, putting my jacket onto the backs of one of the wooden chairs.

"Hm. With Cooper, why?" he spoke, distracted by the TV.

"Wanted to watch the stars like we used to do." I truthfully responded.

He turned to look at me. "Well... I could... Ugh. Hem.. I could whatch them with you." he offered seemingly nervous.

I chuckled at him and shrugged, "Sure... Why not?"

He sat up, and finally stood up.

"Someone's happy." I stated.

"Yeah? Well I'm happy to be spending time with you." he stated.

I was shocked. What? Did he... Did he actually say that? He's happy to be with me?

I smiled, and linked my arm to his. My heart skipped a beat, and the jungle in my stomach went crazy.

I could smell the cologne and leather from here, it relaxed my fast beating heart slightly.

Forsythe and I walked out the door, where we climbed atop the trailer to its roof.

We layed down at close proximety, and looked up at the mesmerizing balls of fire, lighting up the nights sky.

"You know what? You're real sweet, for an old guy." I joked.

"Awn thanks, sweets. You're real brave, for a little girl." he joked back.

I lightly punched him, chuckling. I yawned, and rested my head on his chest, my eyes coming to a close.

The last thing I heard before sleep consumed me was FP's voice whislering to me.

"God, kid. What are you doing to me?" and I felt his soft lips come to contact with my forehead.

A/N: HEY DUDES SORRY THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER, I'VE BEEN HAVING A ROUGH COUPLE WEEKS LATELY. I'LL UPDATE MORE OFTEN! MY 2019 RESOLUTION!!😂😂bye loves💞💖