Chapter 2

Mackenzie's P.O.V

"Mitch! Hailey! Come here!" I yelled worriedly. They must have heard the panick in my voice cause they were up here in no time.

"What's wrong?" Hailey worried. I didn't say anything, I just pointed out the window.

"Is that a person?" Hailey asked Mitch.

"Sure is. Come with me." Mitch insisted. He went downstairs. Hailey and I followed. He grabbed a kitchen knife. We walked outside.

"Hello?" I called. "Is anyone out here?"

We heard some twigs snap and then a car door open and close. I looked at the car. It was him.

"Guys.." I pointed at the car as they drove off.

"Let's go inside." Mitch demanded.

I ran through the door and up to my room. I opened my laptop and got on the internet, when a news pop-up caught my eye.

'L.A mystery murderer seen today in a backyard.'

That was our backyard.

I went to go tell everyone because they were all gathered around the TV, but I looked at the TV. It was the same thing I read.

"You guys heard about it too?" They all nodded. I sat down and watched it with them. Everyone that has lived here or near here got killed.

"I need some fresh air." I stepped out into the backyard.

I heard footsteps come behind me.

"You scared?" Tyler asked. I jumped.

"I am now." I laughed.

"Well, I won't murder you. And I'd save you from anything."

"Thanks Tyler." I hugged him. I like Tyler alot.

"We'll be okay." He whispered in my ear. "I promise.

Savanna walked out at the moment "Hey guys do you have an-" she paused. "Am I interuppting something?"

Tyler and I looked at eachother.

"Not really.." I answered. Tyler gave me an 'are you kidding me' look.

"What?" I asked while he stared at me.

"The fact you're not scared a wanted murderer was in our backyard and you don't give two shits."

I laughed "It's just," I paused for a moment "What could he want with us?"

"So many things. Our fame, money, mansion, who knows."

"Hey, I promise, I'll keep you safe."

He leaned toward me and our lips touched. I felt butterflies in my stomache and I actually think I heard fireworks. He pulled away after what felt like forever.

"Thank you Tyler." I said grabbing his hand.

"I would fight the Earth for you."' I smiled. I knew I had someone to lean on.