Chapter 3 - The Reluctant Vittra

"So, who are we on to next, Raven?"

"I was thinking we could take a visit to the Vittra near the town walls."

"Are you sure? Hilda told me about how she had to chase one around some tunnels because she accidentally impaled it with a stake."

"Read that back, but slowly."

"Riiiight. Yes, I see what you mean."

Throughout all that talking, they managed to get to the town wall without even realising it. Raven went to go knock on the ground while Alfur sat and wait. After a while, they eventually opened up the ground.

"Whaddya want? I'm a bit busy right now and I can't afford many interruptions."

Raven was taken aback by the aggressiveness of his tone and didn't speak for a few seconds. He then noticed the giant hole that appeared on his head... It was him.

"Are you gonna sit there and stare? I'm on a tight schedule here!"

Raven finally replied due to his snarky tone.

"Well, me and my friend here were hoping we could interview you quickly so he can get the inf-"

"An interview? I already told you, I have a tight schedule, I can't afford to waste my time on stupid things such as this. Shoo."

Just before the Vittra dug back into his hole, Raven called out to him.

"I noticed that giant hole in your head. Have you been having a few issues with folk around here?"

The Vittra responded startlingly quickly.

"Yes, why? It's none of your business."

Raven offered up a deal.

"Would it help you if this info we want to collect on you might potentially stop people bothering you?"

The Vittra had suddenly peaked with interest.

"Alright... But I'm not gonna give you everything you want. We Vittra have secrets we'd like to keep.

"Sure! We're good with whatever info we get."

The Vittra invited them inside the burrow, closing it up behind him. The vast tunnels and cave systems expanding out of each hallway were impressive. After finally reaching the Vittras house, they sat down and had a talk about what the nature of Vittras was like. This Vittra explicitly stated that he was just grumpy because of what happened to him, and the other Vittra are fairly level headed. More questions were asked, and the valiant sound of pen on paper was heard, and while the Vittra was rather defensive of what he knew, they still managed to gather enough information to make it a decent document, with a bit of padding, maybe. The Vittra led them back to the exit and before they left, he mentioned to them:

"If any of my friends get impaled again, I'm blaming it on you. Make what I said count."

With that, he was gone.

Alfur jumped onto Ravens back and they leapt off back into the sky.

With only one interview to go, they began to wonder who the final victim could be...

"It could possibly be the Rat King, but I don't think he's too fond of telling secrets unless you trade some of your own. We could also try Woodman, but he isn't really in the city..."

Without any kind of direction left to face, they flew back home and rested on the balcony of the fire escape.