Chapter 22: After death

A small blond fox is running through Konoha, followed by a black fox and an orange fox. The blond fix looks to be only a kit, quickly running through the crowd, scaring people out of the way with yelps and growls. Like the blond fox knows where he is going, he navigates through the village without issues, running straight towards a field on the edge of the village. At the edge of the field the blond fox stops dead in its tracts. He looks around, sniffing the air as the other two foxes catch up to it.

The field is filled with stones, carefully carved into monuments to those whom have died. Some stones are bigger than others, but they all have one thing in common. A name written on it to indicate whom has been laid to rest there. All stones but one. All stones are neatly placed next to each other with well maintained gardens and arranged flowers on them. All stones but one.

The stone that is the exception is placed under a beautiful Sakura tree. It's a stone without a name and without any indication of who this grave belongs to. There was only one word on it and it looked crudely carved over the years, slowly egded into the stone with a kunai, 'beloved'. There are no arranged flowers or a garden on this grave, but it is the most beautiful one in the graveyard as it looks natural in the landscape around it, the stone inlayed with golden streaks. A man in black clothing is leaning against the tree with his eyes closed and a sad look on his face. The blond fox makes an excited jump at seeing the man before resuming his path towards him. At full speed, the fox jumps into the man's arms, knocking the air out of the man. "Teme!" The little blond fox cries out. The man looks down in utter confusion at the fox. Looking more closely at the fox, he notices black markings around its throat leading down its back and chest and around its front paws. It only takes a second before Sasuke's fill with tears in realisation and he hugs the fox close to him.

The black and orange foxes reach the pair and sit down in front of them. Sasuke looks up. "Ferrin! And... "

"Shoki." The orange fox answers. Sasuke nods.

"Is... Is this really Naruto?" Sasuke asks with a shaky voice as new tears stinging in his eyes. Both foxes nod and Naruto snuggles closer to Sasuke. Sasuke responds by hugging the little fox again. "I missed you so much." Sasuke whispers to the blond fox, which in response snuggles even closer into Sasuke's arms...

If you liked this book, please leave a vote and comment!