Home?

"Imagine...losing your apartment to the Foot Clan. They found out about your relationship with Raphael and staged an attack...which cost you everything you owned..."

Raphael had never felt so terrible. Ever.

Sure, he had messed up in the past. He had made some bonehead choices before and he hurt the people he loved too. But in your relationship, he had never hurt you, not once. Now he had. Okay, this wasn't actually his fault...

But it sure felt like it was.

And the look on your face certainly wasn't making him feel any better. Raphael watched as you looked around your now destroyed home, your face a mixture of sadness and heartbreak. He and the others had gotten there just in time to save you but not your little house. It and everything you owned was up in smokes...and Raphael hadn't been able to stop it. He was desperately trying to think of something to say, something that could make it all better. But all words failed him and he came up with nothing.

Instead, he reached out to you and took your hands in his, his thumb tracing your hand gently. A simple but loving gesture that finally brought you out of your trance.

"Where am I going to go?"

It was a good question.

You had nothing but the clothes you were wearing, your backpack, and a few things you had left at the Lair. You could, Raphael thought, come live with him. It would be a tight squeeze but he would make it work (and he would force his brothers to if he had to). But before he could make the offer, April stepped in.

"You can come stay with me, Y/N. For as long as you need to."

In a way, Raphael was relieved.

He was too ashamed to even look at you right now and thought that maybe some space would do you both some good. At least, he was hoping it would. So you moved in with April and Raph went home to over think things again. He could have stopped it. He SHOULD have stopped it. He was your boyfriend, your ninja, your protector. It was his job to keep you out of danger and he had failed.

The more he thought about it, the worse he felt. He avoided everyone for days until he just couldn't take it anymore and ran to see you. He had to see you...And he did, after running all the way to April's place, he saw you talking with her on the fire escape together.

And as shameful as it was...he listened in.

"He just puts so much weight on himself, you know? And I don't want THIS on his shoulders too. I'm just worried that he thinks I'm blaming him on top of his own blame."

"I know...But he'll come around, Y/N. He's crazy about you and he'll be ready to talk eventually. Hey, stay here. I'll make us some tea."

April returned inside and Raphael waited for a second, thinking about everything. But he then decided that he had done too much thinking recently. Too much thinking and not enough doing. So he lept out from the shadows, landing next to you.

"Raph! Hey..." You said, a look of surprise on your face.

It was a good surprise though, one that encouraged Raphael to come closer.

"Hey, tiger. Look, I...I'm sorry. I shoulda been here with ya instead of avoidin' ya like this. I was just mad...at myself mostly."

"Don't be. Because I'm okay and you're okay and that's all that matters to me. And besides, April has been great. We never did too much together before this but...she's actually really cool."

"Yeah? I was actually gonna ask ya to move in with me but...she beat me to it." Raphael admitted.

You smiled and thought for a second, your eyes bright and pretty and, oh, he had missed that.

"Maybe one day we could."

"Yeah?" Raphael asked.

He was smiling now, leaning closer to you.

"Yeah. I wouldn't totally hate it." You teased.

"Me neither, tiger."

And then he kissed you. After a couple of weeks of nothing, that one kiss felt fantastic. Neither of you wanted to break apart so you didn't. Instead, you wrapped your arms around each other and kissed deeper and deeper until Raphael thought for the first time...that everything was okay.