The Beginning (Author's Note)

___________________________________________________________

Susan Cain defines the Extrovert Ideal as "the omnipresent belief that the ideal self is gregarious, alpha and comfortable in the spotlight."

The best attitude is lively. The best environment is collaborative. The best person is loud.

I've never fit this ideal but I spent so long chasing it because it's reflected in our society - the saying "having personality" is literally synonymous for being extroverted. I was told it was the right way to be but never questioned why... until now.

What happens when you try to chase after something unattainable? When you are conditioned to be something you're not? When you do something you are not programmed to do?

What happens when the Extrovert Ideal just isn't for you?

____________________________________________________________

Copyright © January - September 2019 By itsjen_a™

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or transmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

____________________________________________________________