Chapter 2

SORRY I didn't upload as fast as I thought I would. I don't feel like explaining myself, it would just be like a bunch of excuses so...

R&R.

VOTE.COMMENT.READ.

Chapter 2:

I woke with a start, and as a reflex I quickly looked around for anything I could use as a weapon. As I was looking around, I calmed myself - and my wolf - seeing as there was no threat that needed to be dealt with. So I relaxed my stance and focused on trying to remember where I was exactly.

Thinking back to yesterday, I remember seeing a highway that was particularly close to a town that I had heard of before. So I decided to start heading towards there; rather be alive in a town I've never been to, than wandering around till I drop dead. Then it got late and I just dropped down in a random part of the forest to fall asleep.

Stretching to get my body awake, I winced slightly noticing a pain on my right side. I checked the area for bleeding before lifting my shirt to see this huge bruise that I must have gotten when I was sleeping on my side. Damn floor. Everything always has to attack me.

Like that time when I had only glared at a cat and it pounced. I had scratches on my face and arms for like 3 days! All I did was look at it in a mean way; I mean yeah I was basically throwing it a challenging look, but that didn't mean it had to pounce on me!

Letting my shirt fall back down I thought that this bruise would probably hurt for a couple of days (and no when I use the word couple it does not always mean 2). So, that's going to suck. Now I just have to fully wake up and get moving before I fall back asleep. God, why won't you give me a break on some days? I want to have the privilege, or at least the choice, of being able to stay in a bed and laze around all day.

Bleh - better get moving so I can actually get into a bed.

As I began to walk, I just complained to myself even more; really, about anything I could. The weather, me walking, no food, me walking, no bed, me walking, and me walking. Complaining was the only thing I had to do out here, and it was quite useful. I was able to get my frustrations out, real easily; if I found nothing else to complain about, I would complain about my complaining. So this way I wouldn't have to listen to silence as I walked.

Getting back near the highway took longer than I thought it would take. I hadn't realized that I walked that far off to find a place to sleep. I was probably half-awake then anyways. I don't actually walk that close to the - or any - highway, since I didn't want people stopping just to ask me if I wanted a ride. I mean, if I wanted a ride, I would ask for one, stupid people.

I was able to see the highway from where I was, but the people in their cars wouldn't be able to notice me. I also didn't want to use my wolf since then I have to figure out what to do with my clothes. It was just too much work, so I walked. Even though I hated it; but I think I hated thinking more than walking, so it was a better alternative.

Seeing a sign that said that I was about a mile and a half away, I sighed. With the pace I was going at it was bound to take around another hour or so, and I was starting to get hot with this weather and my clothing. I weighed my options: die from the heat or get picked up by a random stranger that could possibly kill me or get on my last nerve that would make me want to kill them. Fair enough....

Walking toward the highway, I came out of the shelter of the trees and immediately shielded my eyes from the glaring sun. My black hair not helping my predicament and just making my head even more hot. Stupid hair. Stupid sun. Anyways, I got to the side of the road, just inside those silver bar thingys that keep the cars from crashing into the forest, and I just sat down with my thumb out. I actually don't know if it works, I just see it in a lot of movies.... So it might work, I don't know, movies are not always true.