NINE !

UN POCO LOCO !

I found my eyes rolled to the back of my head for a good five seconds when i crossed vienna and johnny walking together in the hallway. did johnny learn nothing this morning when i found the two in the library?

after walking into the science classroom and tossing my binders on the desk, i tried paying minimal attention to johnny and vienna's short conversation.

"have a great science class, baby," vienna smirked, kissing johnny on the cheek one last time.

the boy awkwardly chuckled, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "you too- i mean, have a nice english class vie- um, babe." the stuttering boy caused the blonde girl to force an exaggerated giggle. before she turned away from our class to head to her own, she paused and stared deeply into my eyes.

i knew what she was doing, i was her best friend for how long. knowing our friendship, we'd be friends again by tonight. vienna was trying to frighten me, to make me think that i had no power in this argument.

little did she know, i had a plethora of greatness. she may be the queen B at our school, but i could take her down in a heartbeat. incase you haven't watched any modern day teen-dramas, nobody likes the diva.

"okay class!" mrs howe said suddenly, causing us all to jump at least a foot out of our stools. "i want to start our project off with minimal explanation. you've all heard of this project before- the egg drop. you're required to construct a protective outer shell for the egg to go in. instructions are located on the green paper at every table, and if you have further questions feel free to fill out the form on my desk. find your partners and begin!"

"howdy," a familiar face was suddenly on the stool next to me.

"johnny," i raised an eyebrow, looking from him to the green sheet. "okay, it says here that for day one we're going to start planning our protection."

he started giggling as soon as the word 'protection' left my mouth. "grow up," i rolled my eyes.

"sorry, sorry," he let a couple more laughs escape his lips before i basically saw a light bulb flicker above his head. "you know the show shake it up right?"

"the disney one with zendaya? of course i know it," i said, wondering where this conversation could possibly go.

"okay, so that one episode. they have to do this project and cece has to do it last minute and she just sticks it-"

"in the peanut butter jar!" i chuckled, seeing the memory of watching that episode on one of my sick days. "that was the best. maybe we can do something like that? but less lazy, obviously."

"totally. what if we- wait, isn't tessa kuechle allergic to peanuts?" he frowned.

"ugh, you're right," i sighed, scribbling 'no peanuts' on the paper. "we can cross that off our list."

"okay, no need to worry, there's plenty other ideas. we could stuff it in a condom, that would be literal prote-"

"johnny!" i slammed my hand on the desk, doubling over in laughter. who knew out of all the people in my science class, johnny orlando would be the one to make me laugh until i tear up?

"just kidding! okay, for real. my older sister did this project forever ago. she cut open a stuffed giraffe, put the egg in, and had my grandma sew it back together. we could do that!"

johnny had an older sister? i was about to ask that out loud, but another- more important- question flashed in my mind. "what if they recognize the project? they'll know we copied her."

"no need to worry, she didn't go here in ninth grade."

"oh, then that sounds like a good idea. would you look at that? everyone's still planning and we're already a step ahead. what's next?" i smiled at him, proud of our work. a different look on his face jumped into sight, but quickly hid again. honestly, i think he was just as surprised as i was that we were getting along.

"the next step is to put it together. we could meet up somewhere and do it tonight, i don't have basketball practice. you busy?" i would've never imagined i would be making after school plans with johnny orlando.

god damn, gwen. it's just for a school project, i reminded myself.

"im not busy. how about your place?" i pulled out a post-it note and a pencil to write down the address.

his face darkened in shade the slightest bit, before he snapped out of whatever he was thinking about. "oh, sure! 678 notreal road."

"what? no way. i live like, so close to that!" my inner girl-voice came out when i responded. "i live on madeup street. it's literally around the corner."

he chuckled, "gwen, we ride the same bus. of course we live close."

here he goes again, being smart and annoying.

shut up, gwen. he's literally not doing anything.

i refrained from rolling my eyes. why was i suddenly getting so mad? no idea. i decided to change the topic. "so, you and vienna?" i asked with little-to-no enthusiasm.

"uh.. huh. what about us?" he fidgeted with the mechanical pencil i just finished writing with, not daring to look up from his lap.

i shook my head, "you know, she's not- i don't know how to put this in a nice way. i don't think she's right for you."

his head snapped to look at me, "and how would you know that?"

"are you dumb, kid?" i got defensive, "she was just talking shit about you the other night. has she ever paid any attention to you before, at all? yeah, no. she probably heard some rumor from somebody that you have a big cock or something and she just wants to smash now." my face turned red after realizing what i just said.

he let out one loud laugh, "funny."

"what's there to laugh about in this entire situation? johnny, i'm looking out for you and you don't even care."

"what's funny, gwen?." the bell rang. "what's funny is that you act like you're any different." he slung his strapped binder over his shoulder and began to walk the long way to t/a.

i found it funny that he went that way to avoid me, because i wasn't going to t/a anyway. i was going to the water fountain, to complain to alex about all my problems.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
lmao i'm sick and i haven't uploaded in forever yay me

this escalated SO quickly it's actually funny. my books are always so fuckin dramatic and i cant tell if i love it or hate it