TWENTY-SEVEN !

UN POCO LOCO !

Gwendolyn took a much needed deep breath. inside the building that stood in front of her, held the people that would make up her high school experience. her future best friend (hopefully), a boyfriend, teachers, enemies. the place she'd take her drivers test, scary high school exams, get invited to parties.

but she was ready. i mean, how bad could it be? all of her drama was finally gone, vanished, thrown away. she'd never have to see anyone from that school ever again. fresh start.

with no further hesitation, her hands were placed on the straps of her backpack. her eyes drifted from the large sign that read the school's name, to her freshly cleaned, white vans. finally, she made her way into the school.

"hi!" she grinned at the receptionist. the lady cocked an eyebrow, and gwen checked the clock. of course, it was nearly an hour after school had begun, so she was questioning why she was so late.

"name please?"

"gwendolyn loomiz. i'm new, it's my first day," she said proudly, her hands floating from her backpack to the desk.

the lady, 'mrs phalen', as her name tag read, began to type into the computer. "ah," a smile formed on her face, "gwendolyn. our system doesn't have a picture for you yet, would you like us to transfer yours from your past school?"

she almost agreed, before remembering. new start. "is it possible for me to take a new one?"

"i suppose, we could probably get our photographer in tomorrow. but for now, here's this for you," she pulled a paper out of the printer and handed it for gwen. "it's your schedule. do you have the agreement form that your parents signed?"

the young girl nodded, unzipping her backpack and pulling out a light blue paper. mrs phalen snatched it quickly, nearly ripping it.

"and finally, here," she scribbled something on a small orange paper. "it's a late pass, and it's second hour right now. just say mrs phalen gave you this excused pass."

"thank you for the help!" she waved, scurrying down the hallway, looking for room 289. spanish class.

"hola!" a blonde haired lady, about thirty, squealed when gwen opened the door.

"oh, hi," gwen waved shyly. a girl a with messy, blonde mop on her head, looking bored as ever, stared judge-y at gwen.

"como se llama?" she asked. gwen stared at her, blankly.

"she asked what your name was," the girl with the mop-head snickered.

"oh," she gulped, "my name is gwen." she stared at the orange pass from the receptionist, "mrs phalen told me to give you this."

"just toss it, it's okay," she grinned, "sit anywhere!"

none of the people in the room looked too approachable. one boy with an open seat next to him had his head laid on the table, his arms covering the whole thing. a girl sat with her feet on the table, chewing gum, but immediately moved them to the chair next to her when gwen walked towards her. the only seat left, was the annoying girl with blonde hair.

"hey gwen. i'm mickey," she stuck her hand out.

"hi mickey," gwen smiled politely, shaking her hand, taking in the warm smell of vanilla and sweet candy. she couldn't tell if it was coming from the girl or the classroom, but it still smelled amazing.

"so, we were just going over the question of the day!" the teacher exclaimed, much too excited. "the word of the week is loco, crazy. what's something that drives you crazy, gwen?"

she thought of johnny and vienna and annie, but she couldn't name specific people, or it might come off as rude. so, she improvised. "drama."

the class giggled. "me too, sister," mickey laughed from beside her.

she smiled, and continued to not pay attention in the class. i guess johnny really drives me crazy, like really crazy.

well, gwen was driven really mad. super mad. but come on, it wasn't all johnny! it was vienna and annie and everything else happening.

i guess he was only a third of the crazy. a little bit crazy.

un poco loco.

THE END.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
wow. oh my. wow.

thank you all for encouraging me to keep writing. this was by far my favorite and most successful book ever, with over 5k reads. holy shit.

i'm not as proud as i could be of this book, just because it's not the best i could've done. but i'm super happy and thankful with how it turned out!!!

love you guys the most, thanks for everything 💘💘

OH. and there will be a sequel eventually!!