s4ywgarhdrh5du

Lloyd shows me to my room, which happens to be the one I woke up in.

I spin around with wide eyes and talk in a hushed voice.

"Do you really think I can take this guy out? It's not like I'm Nya or someone else cool like... Wonder Woman."

"Y/n, I know exactly how you feel right now, trust me."

Lloyd gently sits down on the edge of my bed and I do the same, looking into his bright green irises intently. It's like all of his elemental power is condensed and surging into his eyes.

"Like I said earlier, I was only 11 years old when destiny decided that I should be the green ninja. I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't the only one that thought it was a bad idea," he chuckled and smiled reminiscently.

"It took me a very long time to get where I am today."

I nod, comparing it to my own situation. I'm older than he was when he was granted The Chosen One and everyone else thinks that I will be okay. So there's some hope?

"Y/n, don't stress it. You have us to teach you and we arent going to let you go into battle alone. We're your backup...and a couple of friends." Lloyd finished with a reassuring smile.

I nod again.

"Thanks. That helped a lot. Still a little scared, but this is one less thing I have to worry about. " I try to say enthusiastically.

Lloyd buys it and plasters a perfect, pearly, white smile on his face.

"There's the spirit! Power of positive thinking!" He says cheerfully.

"Did I just hear someone use my phrase!?" I hear Jay's voice from a different room.

Lloyd and I laugh at Jay's remark and then my stomach apparently felt like making whale noises. Lloyd notices and chuckles.

"I'll show you to the dining room, dinner should be almost done. Zane is cooking for us tonight and he's amazing. "

My stomach growls again and I give a sheepish smile, following his lead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner. Was. AMAZING. I'd like to hear Gordon Ramsey try to roast Zane's cooking, actually, scratch that, Zane should take his place.

I had to sit across from Cole at the dinner table. Despite the glamorous food I just about inhaled, I felt really awkward and out of place. They were already a family, living together for years. Occasionally I caught Cole looking at me, an amused smirk played on his full lips.

My goshhhh. You're beautiful.

Everytime our eyes met I instinctively shifted my gaze down to my plate.

"So y/n, what's some of your hobbies?"

I look up surprised and saw that it was Kai that asked me the question. I quickly realize that all eyes are on me, including Cole's. He looked at me, totally engaged in learning about me.

"Um..hehe.. I like to read, listen to music, or do something artistic. " I look around to see if someone is going to break the awkwardness.

"I love all of those things!" Cole says.

My heart swells and a slight fluttering occurs in my stomach.

"Ummm. Rad." I reply in a small voice.

Ummm rad?! That's all you could think of. He probably thinks I'm such a weirdo.

I was wrong. Instead of giving me a weird look like everyone else does at school, his smile got brighter from my cringey reply.

"'Rad', I like that." He winks and then joins in the conversations with his brothers about the type of music they listen to.

I blush but thank God no one is paying attention to me.

After dinner I did the honors of doing the dishes with Nya.

"So, y/n, how are you feeling so far?" Nya asked, passing me a plate to dry.

"It's cool here. Everyone's really nice, but it's a little awkward being the rookie."

I can hear the boys shouting and laughing from the same room I met them in.

"Yeah I get that. It'll just take some time. Maybe hanging out with some of us when we're not training will help?"
Nya suggested.

My heart fluttered as I thought of a specific person that I would like to get to know. As if she read my mind she asked,

"Have anyone in mind?" Passing me another plate as she looks at me suspiciously.

This seems like a way for her to lowkey pry and reveal if I fell for anyone already.

"No. Not anyone specifically. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Cole."

I froze, mid drying the plate, eyes looking at every water droplet left on the cheap dish.

Welp. There goes trying to keep it a secret. Does she have mind reading abilities too?

"Yes?"

I almost threw up my lungs and fumbled the plate in my hands when I heard the familiar, masculine voice behind me.

"Oh. I was just telling y/n that she should hang out with some of you guys individually to ease the awkwardness. I also suggested that you should be the first because you both have the same hobbies." Nya explains innocently, but I feel her caniving eyes on the side of my face. I turn around slowly with a creeping color of red starting to tint my cheeks.

"Sounds like fun! Let's hang out tomorrow." Cole says happily.

Before I could talk my way out of this he shot me his finger guns and left the kitchen.

Oh brother.