Monkey D. Luffy

▪ Luffy's Birthday is 5th of May, that is also the "Children's Day" in Japan –  a reference to his childish character. 
▪ Luffy was actually a very good swimmer before eating his devil fruit.
▪ He is the first person seen to have eaten a Devil Fruit, as well as a Paramecia type Devil Fruit.
▪ He has a distinct laugh (shishishi)
▪ At age of 19, Luffy is the youngest of all 12 members from the Worst Generation.
▪ Luffy's participant number at the Corrida Colosseum (as Lucy) is 0556. That number can be explained with the first two digits taken from Luffy's birthday, May 05; and the latter two, 5-6, being pronounced go-mu which is related to Luffy's devil fruit.
▪ Luffy's participant number at the Corrida Colosseum also corresponds to the chapter where he first arrived at Marineford to rescue his brother, Portgas D. Ace from his execution.
▪ A fan asked Oda why he gave Luffy a rubber Devil Fruit, and Oda answered that he picked a ridiculous ability to allow him to fool around with Luffy for so long.
▪ If the Straw Hat Pirates were a family, then Luffy would be the fourth son.
▪ Luffy's thoughts are "Meat, Meat, Meat, Meat, Pirate King", and like the rest of the Straw Hat Pirates, "Friendship".
▪ Luffy's favorite type of island and season is anywhere where there's meat.
▪ Luffy bathes once a week, the same as Zoro and Brook.
▪ Luffy typically gets 5 hours of sleep.
▪ If the Straw Hat Pirates were not pirates, then Luffy would be a firefighter. 
▪ Luffy's hobbies are adventures and banquets.
▪ If the Straw Hat Pirates had a 50-meter race, then Luffy would come in third place.
▪ If One Piece was set in the real world, then Luffy would be from Brazil.
▪ Luffy smells like meat.
▪ When asked which flower Luffy resembles the most, Nico Robin's japanese voice actress replied he most resembles a cosmos.
▪ Luffy's blood type is F.
▪ Luffy's favorite food is meat. His least favorite food is the cherry pie from "a certain place" for unknown reasons.
▪ Luffy is a "fighting genius" – Gear 2nd, 3rd, 4th, gomu gomu no pistol, bazooka, Gatling gun and many more techniques were created by him out of no where and his mind exponentially jumps from dumb level to genius level during a fight.
▪ Luffy is very similar to Son Goku from Dragon Ball, being the main character, being very childish and naive, having messy black hair and eating too much food. These similarities are fitting since Oda was inspired by Dragon Ball while creating One Piece.
▪ During the Cross Epoch, Luffy can ride Goku's Kinto'un, which means Luffy has a pure heart.