Roronoa Zoro

▪ Oda revealed that the inspiration behind Zoro's name was the famous pirate "Frances L'ollonais – cruellest of the Carribean Pirates." The Japanese pronunciation for L'ollonais is Roronoa. 
▪ Zoro is the only member of the crew that Luffy personally sought out to invite before they actually met.
▪ Zoro is the first known person since Ryuma to kill a dragon, an act which made the latter a legend. Both of them also killed the dragon the same way, by decapitation in the air.
▪ Along with Killer, Zoro is only one of two members of the Worst Generation who do not have a Devil Fruit power. Incidentally, they are the only two who are subordinates rather than a captain.
▪ Zoro's reintroduction to the series after the timeskip is reminiscent of how Mihawk was introduced. Both sliced a galleon in two and both seemingly did so due to an interrupted nap.
▪ Zoro is the highest bounty starter on the East Blue with 60,000,000 bounty, defeating Luffy that amounts double of his initial bounty (30,000,000).
▪ Oda has hinted that one of the reasons why Zoro uses sushi-based puns in his Nigiri attacks is because he has never tried sushi and has some sort of fascination with it. However, this can be considered one of Oda's SBS jokes. 
▪ Zoro's favorite foods are white rice, sea monster meat, and anything that goes with sake.
▪ His least favorite food is chocolate because it is too sweet.
▪ Zoro also does not like ice cream, the same as Nami, Sanji and Franky. 
▪ Zoro's favorite dish to cook is sashimi.
▪ Zoro's favorite type of island and season is autumn on autumn island. 
▪ Zoro smells like steel.
▪ If the Straw Hat Pirates were a family, then Zoro would be the eldest son.
▪ If One Piece was set in the real world, then Zoro would be from Japan.
▪ Zoro's thoughts are "Sword, Sword, Strength, Train, Sleep", and like the rest of the Straw Hat Pirates, "Friendship".
▪ When asked which flower Zoro resembles the most, Nico Robin's japanese voice actress replied he most resembles a thistle.
▪ Zoro's blood type is XF, the same as Franky's.Zoro bathes once a week, the same as Luffy and Brook.
▪ Zoro represents the prefecture of Hokkaido.
▪ Other than taking naps, Zoro typically sleeps at 4:00 A.M. and gets up at 7:00 A.M.
▪ If the Straw Hat Pirates were not pirates, then Zoro would be a police officer.
▪ Zoro's hobbies are training and drinking alcohol.
▪ If the Straw Hat Pirates had a 50-meter race, then Zoro would come in fifth place. Oda clarifies that Zoro would be ranked higher in a shorter distance race, but Zoro would get lost in a longer race.

 Oda clarifies that Zoro would be ranked higher in a shorter distance race, but Zoro would get lost in a longer race