favourite goals

(I'm literally smiling wide thinking what i'm about to write here)

Disclaimer:
I'm going to write about some of my favourite goals, goals which have overwhelmed everyone and defied laws of physics, goals which have shocked all those who were witness to them.

• i don't follow all the leagues of all the countries, so i won't be able to mention each and every wonderful goal scored across nations. I only follow la liga, the ucl and of course, international football, and now i'm interested in juventus as well because of ronaldo and dybala.

• i don't think I'll mention goals by legends of the 1900s. I wasn't born at that time and haven't seen them, so i can't judge something i haven't seen. I'll only mention goals I've seen on tv or youtube.

Okay, let's do this. *rubs hands excitedly*

1) cristiano ronaldo, juventus vs real madrid (0-3)

my all time favourite goal is by, yes that's right, cristiano ronaldo. And you know which goal i'm talking about. His bicycle kick for real madrid against juventus in the 2nd leg of the quaterfinals of the ucl 2018.

That goal...wait, let me take a deep breath. I remember, I'd missed watching that match live on tv cuz i had some exam the next day and couldn't stay up late to watch it. My dad had watched it and the next day he'd shown me the goal on youtube. And i remember just sitting there, staring at the screen, with my mouth hanging open, speechless. No kidding.

The perfection, the precision... It was incredible. I wondered how a human could possibly score that goal but then i realised ronaldo isn't human. He passed the ball to vásquez, who shot it towards the net but gigi buffon deflected it away from the net, straight into the feet of carvajal on the right. Carvajal shot it towards the left again, and this time, ronaldo was there, ready at exactly the right position. He looped his right foot over his head and shot the ball right past a bewildered buffon into the net, that too during heavy rain.

That goal was pure beauty, pure, undiluted legendary. It's become etched in my memory and i don't think I'll ever forget it, ever.

This goal is my all time favourite goal, but the ones i'm going to mention next are not in any particular order or rank, cuz i don't have any 2nd or 3rd favourites.  I'm only numbering them for the sake of convenience, but they're not in any order.

2) cristiano ronaldo, portugal vs spain (3-3)

I'm talking about the wonderful goal scored by him off the free kick, against Spain in the fifa world cup 2018. I watched the entire match live till 2 am and it was so worth it! I wanted ronaldo to win but i love Spain too (real madrid, duh) (but my favourite and one true love is germany. period.) so it was a thrilling match to watch. And the brilliant looping free kick that swooped over the heads of world class defenders like ramos and piqué and past de gea, into the net, was just too satisfying to watch.

3) toni kroos, germany vs sweden (2-1)

Okay. I've watched this goal live, and even after that I've seen it soooo many times on youtube that I even have the commentary for this goal memorised. It was the world cup 2nd match for germany, they'd lost the first one to mexico and this was a make or break situation for them. Sweden scored the first goal and were leading 1-0. Then marco reus equalised for die mannschaft and i got a little hope. But it was still not enough. It sure looked like the match was going to end in a draw. As much as i hate to say this, germany wasn't playing well, they were barely able to defend their goal and prevent sweden from scoring another one and winning.
But then, during injury time (6 mins), germany got a free kick from the left side. It was a strategic yet difficult position. Toni kroos stood, ready to take the free kick.