07: Hark the Christmas Message

She had had to take the responsibility of putting the two little children to sleep after they had gotten back. This had to have been he worse Christmas for them and it began to break a piece of her heart. She planned awesome activities and now, with the appearance of everything they seemed to be failures.

She sighed as she remembered how Chetachi had cried all the way and only calmed down after she was given a biscuit and for now. One thing was important, her mother must not not find out because then both her parents and the rest of you the older adults would end everything. They were still up in their rooms still angry at Ebose for the Peppery juice her uncle had to take.

Yet, Ebose knew one way or another Chetachis mother would know about her daughter and if the woman knew, her Mother would and she was truly scared for the next things that would happen. This was nothing her money, which was almost finished, would be able to solve. Her head throbbed mildly as she began to think Events planning was her thing but management, management was not for her especially when Asike was around. She got angry at the remembrance of his presence, what she had tried to pull was a prank gone totally wrong.

She did not know what to be angry exactly. Was it at the fact that he flirted the time away with the girl who happened to be the Soldiers granddaughter? or that he had escaped the whole prank plan? The first felt totally weird and wrong to her but she felt the anger dwell stronger towards that.

"Nope, the prank failed that's why I am angry," she reassured herself as she stepped out if the childrens room to go meet the rest of the individuals who were based in the sitting area of the house. They, despite the fact that she was in trouble, had began to entertain themselves with biscuits, juice and dancing competitions to while away the time.

Christmas was definitely boring.

She checked her phone for the time, it was perfect for the next activity that she had planned. She would stay clear of any sort of revenge prank she planned to play on Asike until boxing day, then she would box him and not in a preset wrapping kind of way.

"Its 4pm guys," She entered into the sitting room with a small smile laced on her face. She would skip the rest of the activities to the one where no harm can come to anyone at all. Then Asike would be powerless over her and would not be able to cause any trouble.

"Yeah, I'm hoping today ends quicker than this," Omoruyi said from where he sat with his eyes closed and the statement made her feel sad and bad and mad. She made sure to ignore. She had spent, weeks preparing for today, she would not let it all end with bad memories, not at all.

"It is write-a-secret-message time," she tried as much as possible to sound cheery and the rest just looked at her and grumbled about how all her boring activities had been messed up from the beginning of the day.

"Come on," she walked up to the makeshift library at the end of the room and took out the pieces of card board she had kept just for this special occasion and shared six each to one person. "You are to write a message on each card, one card is for one person and hide it wherever you wish. We'd have to find the cards."

She handed out pens also as she finished the explanation of the activity. They grumbled but took them from her.

"Do not write who it is from but write who it is to." The boys had mischievous smiles on their faces as they began to write on their papers without awaiting more instructions from her.

"I'm not done, can you people wait?" It was hopeless, they had gone further in writing their secret messages. Soon everyone walked about the house, hiding their 'Christmas message card'.

"No peeking o," she announced as she walked to the first hideout for her a card. They chuckled and yelled at one another as they hid the various cards in various location in the sitting room area and around. They made sure they went nowhere near the stairs, they still feared the angry parents, all of them.