FILE 2 - Getting the Job

If you can't tell, I'm quite fond of Ember, she's my favorite DP villain!

Danny's PoV

I watched the ghosts argue around and conversing from the little red wagon. I quickly refocus my attention to my notebook. Every memory felt like it was slipping, and I was vigorously trying to write down everything I knew. My loves, my friends, my experiences, everything I could. No matter how painful each memory was.

I barely remembered that Spectra had tossed me into a wagon while I was writing and brought me to the Ghost Zone. I knew there was something off about me, I should be getting up and defeating all of the ghost villains in front of me, but I didn't have the passion to do so.

"-Look at the guy! He's a halfa, what could happen if a half-human went through something like Tabula Rasa!" I heard Ember yell in my defense. I found her behavior... odd. She was defending me. Nothing could be any more off than that. My focus on the notebook snapped for a second, and I decided to put a little input, might as well. That's something I'd do, at least I thought that it something I would do.

"Just 'cuz I'm going through Tableau whatcha-ma-call-it, doesn't mean I'm not myself. I'm still a powerful power..." I trailed off on the word 'power', and, just to prove myself, I made a small ecto-ray from my finger. Though it was weak and landed to the floor making a tiny scratch on the wood. But it felt like I was giving it my all and quickly slumped in exhaustion. That's what happens when you spend so much time writing memories without a single ounce of rest.

"Not sure Spooks here's feelin' a'ight," Johnny noted. I could feel the sympathetic looks piercing my back, not that I cared. I was laying down in the red wagon uncomfortably, trying to regain my energy. I was breathing heavily, basically sweating all over.

Ghostwriter stepped up, "Fine, Ember you win, take off that grin, and tell us what you want us to do with him."

This was when Skulker came in and I went back to writing memories, "Whoa, you can't just speak for all of us. I want to skin the little twat and hang his head on my mantle, why would I help him through Tabula Rasa."

Kitty glared at Skulker and answered harshly, "Because Tabula Rasa isn't a fate anybody would wish on a person, even their worst enemy." It was odd seeing ghosts wanting to help me.

I had no idea why everybody was making a big deal out of it, sure I was going to lose myself entirely and might spiral into depression, but why would they care? They wanted me dead, and they made that quite clear from the dozens of times they almost killed (But Ember did mention the ghosts can't kill so I think I'm in the clear).

"And you know what? With him as what he was from the start, we can teach him our way of doing things!" Desiree cheered. They all widened their eyes as if this was some big reminder that there was a test today and they all forgot. But then they all started to smile. Except for Youngblood, who was simply doing summersaults in the air. And Amorpho, who simply didn't have a mouth to show.

________________________

"-and then I went on with pursuing my sister's educational path, getting top marks, going to college for psychology and minored in social work. That's my story." Explained with a grin in my face to Dr. Franklin Groves, current director of Arkham Asylum. I'm pretty sure there were two other directors before him and he's only been a director for a year.

Of course, I left out the parts where ghosts kidnapped me and replaced it with 'I stayed at a family friend's big family to collect myself.' A lie I was practicing for oh so long.