FILE 14: Out of Arkham

Hope this chapter's alright for you people. Tried my best and it has been oh so long. Sorry 'bout that btw. There's more dialogue in this bc I wanted to experiment

It took a bit of time to muster and it made me realize I gotta plan out chapters lol

Danny spent the next few days scheming with everyone he could so that Victor wouldn't end up on the block. It started with a light conversation with Joan Leland at lunch hour and then escalated to considering an Arkham breakout for Fries. The other time was talking to Victor and trying to encourage him to keep going. Danny knew how it was the give up and he would never let anyone feel the same.

Finally, his scheming came to fruition. It was small but it was good enough for him.

After pulling connections he was able to manifest a one-day parole specifically for Victor Fries. He'd gotten Joan to sign off on Victor's "good behavior" and even took it to the Director himself: Franklin Groves (the guy who interviewed him in the first place).

It was slightly unfavorable, but Danny had used a bit of his power to convince Groves to sign the parole form. A little aura manipulation of my own following a bit of manipulation of Groves' aura. He didn't like manipulating other's emotions, but push came to shove. If he hadn't gone to Groves, then he'd go through Teresa. No way in the Nine Circles he would ever do that. It would basically be offering his heart to the evil queen.

What was last needed was Victor to agree too. His execution would come the following day. Everything came by so quickly and he only had the parole day now.

That's how Danny found himself early in the morning, racing through the jail cells and right into the meta unit. He nearly tripped several times and yet managed to bring his ID to the scanner and open up the cold doors of Victor's cell room.

He ran with the same energy before and yelled out a "Victor!" before stopping abruptly before the glass.

"Doctor, what brings you here today?" He asked rather calmly as Danny found himself taking in the cold air in slow breaths. The run had left him exhausted.

The blue man did not anticipate the doctor's early visit in the slightest. It was intriguing. Victor was sitting at his bed, drawing lines on the frost that grew on the walls.

"V...Vic-Victor..." Danny stammered between breaths, swinging the paper in his hand and keeping a package close to his chest. "I've got... I've got something for you..." Victor's garboil persevered as the boy presented his gifts.

Danny went to the small slot to the side of the glass cell (typically for meals) and slid both items through. Victor rose from his bed with slight suspicion at Danny's jovial bounce, not of cold but anticipation. He made his way to the glass box that contained the two items and took them from it.

Danny was very hopeful when Victor was reading over the letter. C'mon, this is the perfect opportunity to escape! A trip all around Gotham is bound to be near some secret hideout.

That was the entire plan for the excursion: get Victor to escape on his own. It was perfect; Danny would be in the clear and Victor would be scotfree. Danny would surely be chastised for letting a "criminal" escape, but could you blame 'a poor a defenseless doctor just looking to make the world right'?

He read over the paper with a surprise, his face contorting as he read. He silently moved to the package, which he had uncovered to be a safer iteration of his Freeze suit.

"Is this a suit?"

Danny nodded, "It is. Wayne Tech donated it a few months ago for short-term transportation for people with specific conditions."