The mysteries sorrounding the legend

*timeskip- 2 days later. Play song at top*

I had finally calmed down from that moron Tai pushing my buttons. It's such a shame the leader is such an asshole when the rest of team STRQ are nothing but nice to me and the villagers. They agreed to assist with some rebuilding from a previous Grimm attack which left several areas badly damaged, and though me and my team were working well with the villagers we can only do so much with so many pairs of hands if you see what I mean. I'm sat in my usual spot by the fire in the tavern. Sylvia places another pair of whiskeys down by me and Lucario.

Y/n: "Sylvia, you guys really need to stop buying us drinks all the time, we love it don't get me wrong but I feel bad."

She smirks
Sylvia: "these weren't from us." She leans in to me "it seems you have an admirer from our new guests."
Sylvia walks away to the bar again.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, and as I turn around she's stood there.

Raven: "hey, can we talk in private a moment?"

Y/n: "oh, yeah sure. Hey Lucario, go get some fresh air would ya?"
Lucario smirks and nudges me as he walks past us and outside. "S-So what can I do for you?"

Raven: "I just wanted to know a bit more about you, I mean the legend around you is pretty mad, I don't know what's right and what's wrong about your story, and from what the locals say about you only intrigues me further..."

Y/n: "I mean yeah sure, ask away."

Raven: "why you were on the streets when Growlithe and Torterra found you?"

I freeze for a moment before relaxing back into my chair.
Y/n: "ah... I had hoped that'd never be asked."

Raven: "sorry, that was too personal of a question, forget I said anything."

Y/n: "no it's fine, really. Honestly, you're probably the only person I've met since I got her that I'd be happy to tell."

Raven smiles as she breaks eye contact and looks down shyly. She brushes the hair out her face and tucks it behind her ear.
Raven: "thank you."

Y/n: "well I guess the best way to explain is with this."

I flatten my palm and summon an aura sphere in my palm.
Raven: "but that's-"

Y/n: "-what Lucario did, yeah. I can control aura like he can, and I found I could do this at a young age. *chuckle* I remember my mom looking so happy when I showed her what I could do. I would become an aura guardian like my grandfather!... only problem was I didn't... I couldn't stop it. I was too powerful, and when I came of age, my aura began to flare out of control. My mother was a great Pokemon trainer, she became the champion with her mighty team, she sat at the top of the elite four as the champion of Sinnoh. I was there when it happened, her win I mean. She was declared victorious and she didn't look at anyone but me... her baby boy. I stood up to clap for my mother, I was so excited and relieved that I shouted in joy and... the arena was decimated... everyone was looking at me and what I had done. My mom was so panicked that she had her Pokemon in training, Riolu run up to where I stood and carry me out of the arena. I-I was so weak and exhausted that I didn't know what to do..."

I feel my hands shaking as tear drops hit onto the table into small wet spots. Raven places her hand on mine

Raven: "and then what happened?"

I hang my head and hold back my tears as best I can.
Y/n: "I ran away. I didn't want my mom to lose her chance at being called the very best, like she deserved! Cynthia the mother of the freak didn't have the same ring to it as Cynthia the champion did, so... I left her. A few weeks passed and I had met my fellow run always, Growithe and Turtwig. Their previous trainer was... well he was a dick, so they ran away from him and they ran into me. A few more weeks passed and I had read that there was a man hunt out for me, for destroying the arena. The press had labelled me an abomination for what I had done, that Cynthia the champion stopped me before any more damage could be done. I was so distraught and angry that I ran to the highest point in Sinnoh, spear pillar. That's when Lucario showed up. Remember when I said my mom had a Riolu? That's the first form of Lucario before they evolve. He had tracked me down and together we learned to control our powers. After a while I started on my own adventure, a new name and a whole team of my own."

Raven: "So... What is your actual name then?"

Y/n: "...Riley."

Raven caressed my palm with her fingers
Raven: "I prefer Y/n."

Y/n: "*chuckle* me too. Well, I guess it's my turn to ask a question now. Why does Tai have such a problem with you?"

Raven: "*sigh* because he's a child. We broke up and he couldn't accept it."

Y/n: "oh... So you're single then?~"

Raven blushes as she smiles
Raven: "why would you like to know that?"

Y/n: "just curious."

Raven: "well it's my question now anyway. How did you find yourself on Remnant?"

I remain silent
Raven: "well it's not difficult, you're from a place where these Pokemon are as common as Grimm are here, being able to control and sense aura isn't a common trait where you're from as opposed to here, plus I've never heard of Sinnoh. So how did you end up here?"

Y/n: "I honestly don't know... I remember... I remember climbing my way back to the spear pillar. I remember saying to myself that the world would be better off without me. I remember the sky opening up like the cracks on an egg, this blinding light encompassed me. Then I wake up in a small village being attacked by Grimm. And just like that 'the beast master' legend was born."

Raven: "what were the cracks in the sky?"

Y/n: "I don't know. I assume it was a freak lightning storm that just looked like cracks but... I just don't know."

*meanwhile- no one's POV*

Scientist: "champion Cynthia, I believe we have a problem."

Cynthia: "what is it?"

Scientist: "we've been monitoring spear pillar ever since the battle with team galactic, and the appearance of the legendary world makers."

Cynthia: "and?"

Scientist: "and we've been combing through the video footage from the live camera feeds and they've captured a disturbing sight. Someone's been thrown through space and time by the ruptures above the pillars!"

Cynthia: "oh no this isn't good." Cynthia stands from her chair and begins to walk for the door "have spear pillar quarantined, I want no one else near the summit until I get back!"

Scientist: "where are you going?"

Cynthia stops and smirks as she looks over her shoulder
Cynthia: "to bring a lost person back from the brink."

Scientist: "b-but there's no way of knowing whether or not you'll end up in the same reality as them! You could be lost forever."

Cynthia: "a citizen of Sinnoh is in trouble doctor. As the champion it is my duty to find them and bring them back no matter the cost! I've already lost one person due to my incompetence, I will not lose another."