Chapter 25

Cale's POV

Cale's own face stared back at him, the only difference were the eyes, dead and unseeing. It was so realistic it made him look down his own body to make sure it was still there. How, he thought, how could there possibly be someone so similar to himself.

He looked to Garnet.

"Magic," she whispered, it sounded like merely an exhale but it locked everything into place.

Of course it was magic. But it was so believable, paramedics were fooled by the bodies.

Bodies. 4. One for each of them. And each so realistic he would have believed them dead if they weren't sitting beside him.

"Why?" Nyarai cried at the screen.

All attention was on her, even of the Wolves who had gathered around to watch. The reporter kept rattling on about how it was such a tragedy. A look of confusion an horror painted on her face, it matched the other werecats so perfectly.

Then came the interviews. The shy sister of Nyarai, Zodwa's tear soaked face appeared on screen. Nyarai didn't even wait to hear want her sister had to say, she got up and headed out.

Garnet leapt off the couch to stop her "Nyarai, where are you going?"

Nyarai didn't turn back "I've got to tell my sister I'm still alive!"

Her voice was filled with emotions, fear, terror, sadness but most of all rage. She bolted out of the door, her body full of determination.

Garnet looked back at Cale, help me expressed so clearly in her eyes before she chased after Nyarai. Cale looked at Naoko and Alkira. "We better stop her."

They both got up without hesitation and followed Garnet's footsteps out into the yard. Nyarai had shifted into her lioness form, so filled with emotion she couldn't contain her lioness. Garnet stood at the gate blocking it. Her fame tiny against the mighty lioness. "If she sees you she won't be able to handle it, she's seen your dead body," Garnet pleaded.

Nyarai wasn't listening and paced the length of the fence.

Cale looked to Naoko as they raced through the garden "your cat is supposed to be fast."

"This really isn't the time for comparing cats," Naoko retorted, and she was right, Nyarai was in a pouncing position having picked the right bit of fence.

"Ugh," Cale rolled his eyes "catch her!"

Naokosuddenly understood, Cale grabbed her shoulders and pushed her into the ground and soon as her arms hit the ground they weren't arms at all. Her proud Leopard stood before them but not for long as it stot toward Nyarai.

Nyarai launched herself into the air in a perfect arc that would have saw her over the fence with ease. Her powerful body was a sight to behold, the muscles shifting under golden furr. Suddenly the leopard intercepted her, mid air the two giant cats crashed.

A snarl escaped Nyarai's lips before the two fell heavy on the ground. Cale and Alkira felt the ground shake with the impact. Cale was sure everyone in the pack house felt it too. It was like a small earthquake and left a dent in earth, cracking the stones of the garden nearby.