Chapter 9

Emily could not believe the sensation she felt when her lips landed on JJ's. She never realized how much she had wanted it until JJ placed that first kiss on her lips in New Orleans. And she didn't realize how much she wanted to kiss JJ again until she was tasting the blonde's lips for the second time. She tasted a little bit like vanilla lipstick mixed with red wine and a little bit like... well, JJ. And Emily knew it was the most amazing thing she had ever tasted in her entire life.

She expected JJ to push her away, slap her or do something else that would indicate that she was appalled by Emily's baldness. So she tasted JJ's lips as long as she could, terrified that the heavenly pleasure was soon to be cut short.

To Emily's surprise, nothing like that happened. Instead, JJ placed her right hand on the back of Emily's head, as if trying to pull the brunette even closer to her. And this was exactly what JJ was trying to do. She couldn't believe how amazing it felt to be kissing Emily again and she was terrified that if she didn't hold on to her tight, Emily was going to let go and stop the most amazing kiss that JJ had ever experienced.

And when Emily felt JJ's tongue hesitantly entering her mouth, she knew that JJ had had enough time to register what was happening and she had chosen to reciprocate the kiss. How mad was JJ going to be after the kiss was a whole different story, but for now, Emily kept tasting the liaison's lips almost sure that it was the last time she was going to be given the opportunity.

When they finally broke apart, Emily looked into JJ's eyes, trying to figure out how angry at her the blonde really was. Sure, she may have kissed her back, but it didn't mean that everything was going to be all fine now.

"I'm sorry." Emily said, slightly out of breath. "I really shouldn't have done that." She whispered almost sure that JJ was going to run away now or order her to leave, since, after all, it was JJ's place.

For a moment they kept looking into each other's eyes, their breathing shallow, until JJ finally spoke, "No, you really shouldn't have." She declared as she brushed Emily's hair from her face and gently caressed the brunette's cheek. She could feel Emily shiver at her touch and she herself wasn't that composed either. "You really, really, should not have done that." JJ repeated as she took a step closer towards the brunette and closed the gap between them. And when her lips connected with Emily's again, she literally heard the birds singing and the bells ringing and all the other things that are supposed to happen when you experience a perfect kiss. She had always thought that all the talk about the phenomena that supposedly happens during a kiss was just that, talk, but when Emily Prentiss' tongue wandered inside JJ's mouth and started playing with hers, Jennifer Jareau knew that it wasn't just talk. She felt weak in the knees, she could swear that the birds were getting louder and were those stars she was seeing?

JJ ran her hand through Emily's hair, because she felt she had to have even more contact with the brunette. Emily now had one hand on JJ's back and moved the other one to caress the blonde's left cheek, all the while never breaking the kiss. And the kiss would have gone for eternity, if it wasn't for the fact that they needed oxygen.

When they finally broke apart, they kept looking at each other intently, knowing that something life altering had just happened. They were both sure of it.

"So now you know." Emily whispered softly as she ran her hand across JJ's cheek.

"Know what?"

"What it's like to kiss me again." Emily smiled as she studied JJ's face waiting for what the liaison was going to do now.

"Mhmm." Was all JJ managed to say, still trying to recover from the kiss. She had no idea a kiss can do so much damage to a person.

"Are you okay?" Emily asked, suddenly becoming a little worried, as JJ's breaths were still pretty shallow and she was looking directly into Emily's eyes.

"I wouldn't call that okay." JJ finally admitted. "It's about 100 steps up of okay." She said and smiled. That smile that Emily had admired so many times before, that smile that she could never get enough of.

"God, you're beautiful." Emily finally confessed, knowing that in a moment like this she could definitely afford a confession like that. And she was happy she could finally say it out loud.

"You're not so bad yourself." JJ told her as she placed another kiss on her lips, this time very soft and gentle, yet sending shivers through both their bodies. "You have no idea how hard I had to try not to get caught just staring at you when we were in the same room. Or how hard it was to focus on anything else when you would look at me with those eyes of yours."

"Actually," Emily interjected. "I think I might know a little something about that." She said as she took JJ's hand and lead her to the couch. She could feel that JJ was barely standing and if she had to be honest with herself, she also didn't feel that comfortable anymore.

Without saying a word, they sat down and JJ rested her head on Emily's shoulder. It wasn't the first time she had done that, but this time it felt so much different. There were so many more emotions inside of them, so many wonderful feelings, that it was hard for both of them to contain themselves.

Emily put her left arm around JJ and she took JJ's hand into her right hand. Again, it wasn't really the first time she had held JJ's hand, but this time there was so much more meaning behind it.

"So what do we do now?" JJ suddenly asked, scared about the prospect of having to face a new day after what had happened between them.

"I don't know." Emily sighed. "But I need you to know that it doesn't have to mean anything, okay?" Emily said, despite how much it would hurt her if JJ really decided that it was nothing. "We don't have to make a big deal out of this..." Emily's voice trailed off as she once again became a little scared that maybe JJ would decide that it was a mistake after all.

"Are you kidding me?" JJ cut her short. "Not make a big deal?" She looked at Emily, scared that maybe Emily didn't really feel all the things JJ felt during their kiss. "But it's a huge deal! Humongous even!" Emily couldn't help but smile at JJ's choice of words. "And it was amazing and wonderful and it made me feel things I've never felt before... So I want it to mean something! I don't wanna just forget about it." She looked at Emily terrified to ask that last question, "Unless... Unless you wanna forget about it?"

"God, no!" Emily exclaimed. "You have no idea how long I have dreamt about kissing you like that and I never ever thought that it would be possible. I always knew you were straight and it never occurred to me that you might have any sort of sexual feelings for me."

"To be honest, I never thought so either." JJ smiled softly as she was trying to figure out what exactly it was that was happening to her. "Until I kissed you and my world just went completely nuts. I had no idea that you can have such strong feelings for someone. It totally took me by surprise." She recounted and looked at Emily who seemed to be a little worried about JJ's last statements. "But I like surprises." JJ added after a moment. "As a matter of fact, I love surprises." She finished as she shifted her position on the couch to be able to face Emily. She took Emily's face into her hands, "And this has been the best damn surprise of my life." She finished and before she knew it, Emily was kissing her again. The birds and bells and the stars came back and JJ knew that something that felt this amazing just had to be right. Expected or unexpected, it didn't really matter, JJ knew that the feelings she had for Emily were only getting stronger with every kiss and every touch from her.