part 3

Abhi's pov

"After her father demise ,sarla and pragya left from this village .sarla raised pragya with a lot of difficulty .seeing her mother's struggles ,pragya excelled in studies.you know she got state rank in high school.In college,she got placed in international company . She left the job after working in the company for three years and came here.do you know why she is staying in this village, leaving the job which pays more a lakh per month?" dadi stopped and looked at me.

"Because she wants to help the farmers.she didn't want any farmer to go through the same which her father undergone.she didn't want any other child to lose their father like her.I am not giving the land for free rather she won't accept it without a payment.she buying the land to give it to the farmers,where she is building the houses for them" Dadi said .
"All the persons are not sly abhi, like you see in your business.so, stop judging that all are money-minded" she said sharply which made me to feel ashamed about my thinking.
********************************

I came out from my car as I saw pragya watching the site where the construction work for the houses is going on.it's very easy abhi .you can do it. I encouraged myself. I walked towards her and stood behind her nervously . I cleared my throat,she turned around hearing the sound and looked at me confusedly.

"I want .....to say..... something" I said.seriously abhi,when did you started asking permission to say anything I wondered of my behaviour.she nodded her head.
"I ....I .....a...." I stammered.oh god I never have been this nervous .come on abhi you can do it.
"I am sorry for shouting at you on that day . I also apologize for offending you at the clinic and thank you for saving tanu's life" I said quickly in a breath closing my eyes.

Opening my eyes I saw her staring at me. "Okay .I forgive you".she said in a cold tone.
"Really" I asked.
"Hmm. but on one condition please don't insult other workers like you did to me". i felt like i have been slapped.
Though I  have angry issue , I don't show at the workers unless they make a mistake. But with her I let out my anger on her without a reason.i don't why .Whenever I shout at her,she keeps quiet.her silence do something to me.i suppressed that feeling by showing the anger on her.

"So you are a civil engineer" hearing her voice I came back from my thoughts.after a moment of silence,I asked "how do you know?".
"Your dadi told me" she said looking back at the site.
"Yes....I should have known by now. did she said that only" I muttered.
"What" she asked not hearing what I have said.
"Nothing". We both stood there in a silence for few minutes.
"this is very awkward" I started.
"What" she ask in confusion.
"This formal conversion is awkward.this quietness of not knowing what to talk" I said .
"What are trying to say" .
"Will you be my friend" I asked.
"Okay.what will I get if I accept your friendship" she asked with a smile.first time i am seeing her smiling. A beautiful smile.
"Anything" I said. "Then build these houses under Mehra construction without profit" .
"What!!" .
"oh my god look at your face.it is so priceless" she laughed.her smile brought a smile in my face.
"It was a joke.i will be your friend" she said.
"If you say,I will build it for free also" I muttered.
*******************************

I looked at pragya who is eating the lunch with the farmers.janki maa,one of the farmer, feeding her.

"Rani...." I called her.she turned her head immediately in my direction and looks at me with a glint in her eyes.after seeing me for a moment,her face became dull.i waved at her.she stood up and walked towards me.
eversince we have become friends.i have this urge to call her Rani.i don't know where did that name comes into my mind.may be I got it because she is looking beautiful like a Rani.i was hesitant to call her with this name thinking that she may not like it.but now I said it absentmindedly.