part 4

Pragya was standing at the closed door of abhi's room.she raised her hand to knock the door but dropped it down as his painful face comes in her mind .when she said that she and purab are going to engage ,the smile on his face was vanished.he glanced at her with hurtful eyes and silently went without saying anything.she clutched her dress reminding the hurtful look on his face which she saw before he left.

she turned to leave but stopped seeing the open window of his room. She peeped in to see abhi.abhi is sitting with his back facing her ,holding her photo.seeing him caressing her photo ,she gripped the table near to control herself . "Rani..." He said in hoarse voice.she gasped.he turned suddenly and saw her with wide eyes.she ran away from there.

She stopped panting and looked around holding her knees with her hands.seeing the temple,the flashing of beautiful days of her life came before her.

Flashback

"Papa ...." Pragya called pulling her father's dress. "why this God temple is on the top of mountain" she asked .he looked down at her "he is Lord Murugan.his temple mostly will be on the mountain top".
Frowning, "why this God came to the mountain.if he present at the ground means we don't have to climb these steps nah" she said cutely . Raghuveer laughed at his daughter's complain.

After sometime , pragya stopped mounting the steps .sarla and Raghuveer turned back as they find her missing with them.
"what happened pragya" sarla asked while going towards her.
"I can't climb" pragya said sitting on the steps.
"Just few steps .we are near beta" sarla said sitting beside her.
"I can't even stand up .papa carry me" she said opening her arms . "Pragya your papa is carrying the rice sack and I also have a bag in my hand.see it's only 10 steps.i will give you sugar candy when we reach home".
"I don't want it.i won't come unless papa carry me" she said adamantly.
"Don't throw tantrums pragya....". "Sarla I will" Raghuveer said .
"But it will be difficult for you to carry her along with the sack".
"There will be no difficulty in carrying my princess.i always love to hold her in my arms" saying this he bends and surrounds his arm to lift her.
"Nahi....papa aisa nahi carry me on your back ....what is that word called?" she asked keeping her finger at chin, thinking deeply. "piggyback ride" Raghuveer said and dropped down the sack from his back.
kneeling down to her height ,he showed his back to her. "Haan ....pig....ride" she said as she jumped onto his back encircling her arms around his neck.raghuveer lifts the sack with one hand at the top, keeping his another hand at the bottom of the sack .he carried it in the front, with a little distance from him so that it won't touch his daughter's legs which surrounded his stomach. hearing his daughter's giggles,raghuveer smiled .
"You are spoiling her a lot ,remember that when she go to sasural they will not treat her like princess" sarla told him, seeing him straining his hands to carry the sack.
"Then I will find the man who pampers her like princess" he said.pragya looked at her maa and papa not able to understand what they are talking about.

Flashback ends
********************************

Pragya's pov

My legs moved towards the temple.leaving the slippers at the corner, I started climbing the steps of the temple fastly.
"aaah" I winced sensing the pain.i looked down the foot , which got hitted at the stone.i closed my eyes in pain.i opened the eyes suddenly feeling being lifted.i saw abhi's eyes staring at me as he is lifting me in his arms. "Are you okay pragya?" he asked .I nodded and looked at his exhausted face . I bend my head down unable to look at his eyes.
********************************

"Didi ....Didi" some children stopped me ,when I am walking to my home.
"what happened bachcho" I asked smilingly .
"Didi that kite (pointing at the kite in the branch of the tree) got stuck at the tree .help us to get that" one of them said.
"Okay come" I said.i looked up at the branch, which is quite far above me , standing under the tree. I don't know how to climb the trees nor I have any ladder to reach it.how i am going to get it.
i saw them looking at me seriously. I gave them a success smile.i jumped twice trying to grab the kite with my hand but it was futile attempt.i sighed looking at the kite.