Chapter 4

"You stand before FogClan!"

A black she-cat with gray patches stood in front of Panicscar, her fur bristling and her lips curled back in a vicious snarl.

"So what?" Panicscar snapped, pushing her muzzle into the cats face. The medicine cat noticed that this she-cat had scratches criss-crossing her muzzle.

"You may not see the half-moon tonight." Vineclaw sneered behind her. The she-cat silenced the tom with a wave of her gray and white tail.

"What have you been doing on FogClan territory?" The she-cat twitched her whiskers.

Panicscar glanced at the cats that surrounded them in a ragged circle.

The cats smelled of rogues. Panicscar caught the eye of a kit, and it bared it's sharp fangs. Her whiskers twitching with amusement, the medicine cat turned back to the she-cat.

"I wandered here. I never tried to come onto your stupid territory." At her words, the she-cat flinched.

"For calling FogClan stupid, you will be our prisoner, MistClan fox-heart!" She declared, her green eyes glowing with hatred. Panicscar opened her jaws to protest, but the cat ignored her.

"I, Wildstar Of FogClan, will kill you at sunrise." The leaders lips softly curled with a smile, and Panicscar saw her blood-stained fangs.

What in StarClan... does she kill cats to hold her power?! I have to get out of here!

Worry clawed at Panicscar's heart as she followed a gray tom with black spots to the back of the camp.

A tall boulder towered over the cats, and the warrior pushed her inside of a small crack. Her fur was pressed down to her bones, and her belly yowled with hunger.

I haven't eaten since that frog.

Panicscar shook her head.

I need to escape.

The medicine cat looked around, her green eyes sharp with concentration.

Panicscar spotted a small crack with sunlight gleaming through the hole, but it was barely large enough for a kit.

The only exit is the entrance of this StarClan cursed boulder. She decided. Panicscar tried to sit down, but her haunches were stuck.

"Frogclaw. Let me take duty." Vineclaw ordered the tom that was sitting in front of her, breaking her out of thought.

Frogclaw crept away, clearly afraid of the tom.

The ginger and white tom turned to her, and met her eye.

"Don't even think about trying to escape." Vineclaw snarled.

Panicscar met his eye, but movement caught her attention.

Wildstar was tearing through the fresh-kill pile.

A ginger she-cat with brown paws was watching eagerly as her kits played at her paws.

A brown tom sat beside her, watching her warily.

Wildstar threw a toad towards the queen, and she ripped it apart hungrily.

The kits watched her eat, their eyes wide and pleading.

"We're hungry, Fishfin!" A brown tom-kit with white spots protested.

Blood dripped from the queen's mouth as she looked back up. Panicscar looked back towards Vineclaw, to see Wildstar tossing a colorful bird to the orange tom.