Sweet Café Date ║ Sakuraba Ryota x Reader

➳Requested by: teutea

.  .  .

Sweet Café Date ║ Sakuraba Ryota x Reader

(3rd Person's P.O.V)

The smell of freshly baked goods and coffee filled her nose as she enters the café. Different confections were neatly placed inside the display case, from pastries to cakes.

Looking around the café, she admires how it is so simple, yet elegant. Lots of accent lighting are hanging on the beige ceiling, creating a peaceful sense of intimacy inside the café. As for the furnishings, white tables and banquet chairs are well-arranged on the wooden floor.

The café isn't filled with many people today, so there are lots of free seats. She decided to sit at the back part of the café with an astonishing view from the window. She settled down on the chair, patiently waiting for someone.

. . .

"You're preparing for '土曜日 の アップタウン' next week's episode?"[1] Kensuke asked, and Ryota replied "yes".

"Hmm, why not actually go there?", Kensuke suggested. "We won't be able to accompany you though, since we are busy", he added with an apologetic smile.

---

Dialing her phone number, he waits for her to answer the call. Before the third ring, she lifted her phone to answer it.

"(Y-Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"Are you free tomorrow?"

There was a long pause before she answered his question.

"Yeah. Is there anything I can help you with?", she asked, and Ryota told her about Kensuke's suggestion.

"Is that so? Then I will be glad to help you!"

"T-Thanks"

. . .

(3rd Person's P.O.V)

'I'm just here to help him. This isn't a date', she thought, trying to calm down herself.
She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice someone taking the seat in front of her.

"Ah, sorry for being late", the person who took the front seat said, who is none other than his silver-haired friend, Sakuraba Ryota.

"It's okay! I've just arrived here a minute ago", she said with her captivating smile that made his ears turn red [2].

As her (e/c) orbs scan the menu, there are so many tasty looking confections that she wants to order all of them.

"I would like the new menu item please, the sour cream cheesecake", she heard Ryota said as the waiter writes down his order on a notepad.

"I would like to get that too"

---

Not too long, the waiter came back with two plates of sour cream cheesecake. [3]

As she pops a piece of the delectable confection in her mouth, the sweet taste of cheesecake lingers on her taste buds.

"So how was it?", Ryota asked, gently putting down his fork.

"It's so delicious! I would like to come back here next time and try their other confections"

He chuckled as she answered him with a sparkle in her (e/c) eyes; his light pink ones staring at her.

"Ryo?", she asked, noticing his stare.

He averts his gaze from her when she noticed him staring at her; a red flush creeping up on his once pale cheeks, mumbling "sorry", and she just simply smiles at his cute reaction.

---

Once they have left the café, they were greeted with colorful, twinkling Christmas lights. The lights reflect on her face, giving it a warm glow.

"How beautiful..", Ryota mumbles without thinking.

"Yeah.. Seeing all the lights makes you feel like it's already Christmas"

"No. I was talking about you-"

"Huh?", she asked, confused.

"-Youths playing around the snow", he said, his face deepening to crimson.

"I-I see", she replied, not seeing a single young man/girl.

Breaking the silence, "Thank you for accompanying me today. Let me treat you again next time for our date", Ryota said.

"Mhm, s-sure, and thank you too for inviting me", she said with her captivating smile that can make Ryo's ears turn red.

(Y/N) head back to her dorm, grinning from ear to ear as she looks forward to their next 'Sweet Café Date'.

. . .

[1] '土曜日 の アップタウン' is the show where Nozomu and Ren were in (Episode 10).

[2] Ryota's ears turn red when he is embarrassed or feeling shy.

[3] Ryota's likes include sour cream and Western Confectionery.