Birthday Present ║ Arihara Morihito x Reader

(Y/N's P.O.V)

I awoke to the beautiful sounds of birds singing, and the orange rays of sunlight shone through the window. My eyes were still shut as I burrowed myself in the soft, cozy sheets before letting my (e/c) eyes to gaze around the room. A warm, yellow radiance gushed into the room, illuminating every object. Slowly, I got out of the bed, watching my legs swing loosely above the soft carpet.

It only took few steps towards the windowㅡsince looking out of the window is a thing that I do every morning. Gazing out of the window, my (e/c) orbs flow from tree to tree, moving in the spring wind, and the sunlit clouds that were drifted across the clear, blue sky. With spring, different flowers such as tulips and lilacs have bloomed, so is my mood.

As I'm getting ready, my hand reached out to the remote control. With a click of a button, the television turned on; two people have appeared from the screen: one has a teal hair with his bangs covering his right eye, and the other one is a black-haired male with a pair of red-brown eyes.

'They must be the members of the unit ZIX'

"Sun Sun Fortunes! Today's unlucky people are . . .", Makoto's voice trailed off as they started to choose a random number between one and twelve. "Those born in (your birthday month).", he continued.

'But... today's a special day', I thought as my gaze shifted to the neatly-wrapped present lying on the end table; my eyebrows knitted together in a little frown when I heard their announcement.

"You will be prone to forgetting things, so be careful", Mitsuru reminded.

---

(3rd Person's P.O.V)

The leaves and flowers hummed as the couple walk through the beautiful tunnel of cherry blossoms. A row of cherry blossoms in full bloom running along each side is truly a sight to cherish. As they continue to walk, a breeze swept over the sakura trees, making the pale pink and white petals fall and dance in the spring wind.

"(Y/N)?", Morihito said, his light emerald eyes meeting her (e/c) ones as she gave him a confused look. "There is a vending machine and a bench to sit on over there. Would you like to go there for a little?", he asked, tilting his head. "Sure", (Y/N) answered, a smile forming on her lips.

After they bought their drinks, the two of them settled down on the wooden bench, her legs swinging lightly from side to side as she took a sip from her drink.

"Hmm, that's a lot of gifts", (Y/N) spoke up as she look at his bag filled with colorful gifts he received mostly from his fangirls. There was a short pause before he responded to her, "Receiving lots of gifts every year, I somehow feel a little bad..." Her eyes widen at his reply for a moment when an idea flashed into her mind to cheer the male up. The girl looked through her bag to get the item she was planning on giving him today, her birthday present for him. Searching in her bag, she soon found out that it was . . . missing. Beads of sweat started to form on her forehead as she was left with no choice but to do it.

"Mori, please close your eyes for a few seconds", she requested with a sheepish smile. He was confused at first, but then he followed her request. Once his eyes were shut, she immediately untied the scarlet gift ribbon that was hanging out from his bag. She made sure that it was nicely tied around her head before letting him open his eyes.

"Look! I'm your present", she giggled, her eyes shut as the corner of her lips turned up in a cute smile.

His cheeks flushed deep rose pink with warmth at her actions like how the cherry blossoms bloom during spring, coloring it with a wide range of pink and white.

Her eyes fluttered open, looking at him in confusion as to why he hasn't responded yet, but her expression changed once she heard his response.

"And my future", he continued, placing a gentle hand at the back of her head, and it was now her turn to blush, a hue of red spreading throughout her cheeks.

"Mori!~", she laughed, burying her face into his chest to hide her embarrassment. The two lovers sat in silence, enjoying each other's presence until she mumbled something.

"Thank you, and happy birthday, Mori"

. . .