Chapter 2: Average day...for now

Returning downstairs you had decided to make yourself some coffee. It is around 7 and all you needed was something to keep yourself awake with. You breathed out in a sigh, waiting for the machine to blend the mixture of cream and sugar into the bitterness of the black liquid. "I really need to start drinking cold coffee instead." You mumbled to yourself. Buzz...buzz.. 'Finally!' You happily snagged your favorite mug, draining the caffeine brew into the mug. You blew on it and tapped into your labtop doing the work they emailed you. 

You monitored the work for a bit before getting up from the wooden chair and walking over to the window coffee in hand. You took a sip watching the many military patrol cars go by. You turned around trotting over to your labtop and continued your work sipping the coffee greedily. You stopped to look up then turned to the opened window, the military had brought a machine gun? You shook your head in disbelief, 'Why do they have a machine gun...unless it's something that packs much bigger than a pun-' Your thoughts were interrupted by a small ding from your labtop. You looked back down a dazed look crossed your features as you read the message. It was from your friend. She normally didn't message you on your email unless it was big, like a paragraph message or when her daughter died. You cringed at the dreadful thought 'What if her son died next.' You clicked the email reading / skimming through the passage. It was just the news of what was happening in your town...it read.

 To: (Last name) Y/n
From: Woodlee, Samantha

Hey, I managed to bust her open about the case. It's called 'Class B Silent killer or Xenomorphs'  She said that they are creatures that impregnated humans or any other animals/hosts that are suitable for the job. Those are like peach spiders with tails and acid blood. They are called facehuggers since they hug the face then insert this type of creature-thing called the chestburster which takes what it needs from the host then emerges from the chest killing the host. They are also a peach color and have acid blood for the most part until they grow into a full grown Xenomorph...I know it is a lot to take in but here's the scary part. The military is there to protect the civilians to make sure none are hurt, they are there to exterminate the little things before they get out of hand. I'm REALLY worried about you now. Please don't leave the house unless necessary! Also, the queen Xenomorph is near extra careful.

Y/n sat there in silence, her emotions twisting in her stomach like a whirlpool turning in her stomach. Scared...that's what she felt. The fear that sank into the pit of her stomach; she sat there in her seat in fear too scared to move afraid of what will happen. You placed the empty cup of coffee down. Putting a hand over your mouth in a gestured manner not to scream in terror.

(Y/n)  had slumped in her seat still holding her hand over her mouth as she got up and locked all doors windows and whatever else. Finally, she had calmed herself down trying to still process what the message read. She breathed in and out. "This has to be a joke...Right?" Y/n wheezed. It had to be a joke...Right?  Then it all came back so quickly. The reality of the realization, back to the world. A scream came from the lips of her neighbor, Shane. 

(Sorry it was shorter I was trying to get this all together so I could do the exciting parts but don't worry I edited it at least. K bye my star crew!)