Author's Note

Hi, it's me again. Proclaimed hater of Fanfiction back at it with a spin off of my two most popular books. 

      I originally had two drafts of this idea acting as mini OVA's that I would put in a separate book of ideas that wouldn't fit into a sequel or epilogue for both my Madara and Itachi stories. However, after reading Gaiden I was inspired to take the story and make it better

    Like many others I had big expectations, this was introducing the Next Generations and built up to so many plot points. I watched so many theory videos that Shin "senior" was Shisui, people were analysing his facial features, age and everything. I was convinced it was Shisui, but was evidently let down. 

      Shin's motives also seemed stagnant to me. Like what made Itachi so important to Shin that he decided to attempt to remake the Akatsuki and avenge him by killing Sasuke? In my mind, if it WAS Shisui, he'd want to avenge Itachi's martyry somehow but have more rationale behind his motives. It just felt bland.

     Overall the Gaiden mini story was one of my favourites. I was going to make this book part of a smaller series following my OC Hikari, but so far I've been extremely disappointed with Boruto as an anime and manga. I grew up with Naruto and Naruto Shippuden and to see a shitty carbon copy of one of my childhood shows was so. . .unfulfilling. 

     I don't agree with a lot of the narrative directions it has taken and I wish to correct them in my small teaser of a mini story. 

(UNPOPULAR OPINIONS AHEAD DON'T @ ME)

     Here are some issues that I do not agree with and will probably change in Gaiden (though we aren't exposed to many of these in the small spin-off, moreso in Boruto): 

1. Boruto shouldn't resent his father and be an ungrateful brat. Yes, I understand Naruto prioritises his duties as Hokage over his family (my second point), but there should be a degree of understanding that a Hokage must sacrifice certain aspects in order to maintain harmony within the village and overall nation he represents. 

2. WHY IS NARUTO SUCH A SHIT PARENT? SURELY AFTER GROWING UP WITHOUT MINATO OR KUSHINA HE WOULDN'T BE SO NONCHALANT AND OVERWORK HIMSELF. e.g. using a shadow clone on Himawari's birthday, only to vanish due to Naruto being exhausted. Personally, I do NOT think Naruto would be that consumed by his duties to just put his daughter's birthday on the back burner. Especially considering the type of personality he displays during Naruto and Shippuden - I honestly don't agree with him being such a distant father figure. 

3. If they've achieved "peace" why are they still training "ninja" and ergo, why make Boruto a series in the first place? I feel the Next Generations is so unnecessary. 

4. The characters are literally copies of their parents. We get it. Honestly, this Retreive Mitsuki Arc reminds me of a Talk no Jutsu version of Naruto trying to bring Sasuke back to the village. 

5. Why is everyone so OP???? Like you're 12 or whatever???? There's no progression of talent - it's like, oh you want to learn the Rasengan? Boom, there you go. Oh, what about the Sharingan? You got it. Oh you want to get PERFECT SAGE MODE??? HERE.  It doesn't feel rewarding. Yes, many characters were OP on the original series but at least we got to see struggle and a sense of motivation for them to be better or gain more power. Now, it just seems like these new characters need these abilities to keep interesting. 

6. The villains are trash. 

7. I want to try and fix it (in theory). 

       Here are some loose ideas for my plot: since 15 years have passed since the end of Shippuden to Gaiden, Hikari still feels like she has a lack of purpose and left after the war finished to "find herself". Kuma obviously accompanied her and they have spent time in each nation. However, since she is still Kaguya's transmigrant, the whispers of Black Zetsu are trying to get to her and fulfil what Madara couldn't. 

      Trying to keep her prowess in check, the opportunity arrives in the form of Shin Uchiha. Since he is an unknown Uchiha, Hikari takes it upon herself to investigate. As a former leader of the clan, she believes that her purpose is to reinstate her right to be clan leader (meaning, ordering Sarada, Sasuke and Sakura around). 

       At first, Hikari (from a distance) thinks Shin is her former advisor Kagami. She dives into old archives and reads up on the years she was absent from the Uchiha. In order to get proper and undoctored answers, she uses the Reanimation Technique and revives Etsuko Uchiha - a known admirer of Hikari. 

     Etsuko instantly recognises that it is Shisui's body and advises that she is the only one that can get through to him. His soul apparently had been taken from Takamagahara (the Japanese concept of the afterlife) and brought back into his body (perhaps by Black Zetsu somehow this is still a rough outline). 

        This will be out eventually, I just wanted to include a teaser because a lot of new readers are keen for some updates or a continuation of my OC stories. I am busy with university and my job and am also moving away for a few months for further study and a career change, so my updates are once again on hold. 

     Stay tuned and thank you for the constant support.