We sat at one of the local restaurants in the centre of town, Naruto coined it as a dumpling bar. 

      My shoulders pricked when a table of Nin whispered at Kuma and I's entrance. 

     "Don't you think we should discuss things in private?" I pulled the stool out with my foot. 

     "Hika-Chan, relax," Kuma rubbed my waist. He passed me a glass of sake, "Here." 

     "I'm glad you're back, Uzu," Naruto grinned. "Say. . .what happened between the war and now? You disappeared back then." 

    I poured myself another shot, a small smile on my lips. 

    Following the death of Madara, I travelled to the neighbouring nations in search of knowledge and to preach peace. Word spread of the Allied Shinobi Alliance success and that I was integral in the sealing of Kaguya Otsutsuki. However, there was still distrust among Nin. I made it my own personal mission to change their perception of me. 

    Throughout my travels, I met, fought and taught students and educated nation officials. For the benefit of Konohagakure I described myself as an envoy. I was able to forge and reinforce alliances with smaller nations surrounding Konohagakure and eased their fears of any further conflict. 

   I spent time in the Hidden Eddy where the Uzumaki were founded. Since receiving Hagoromo's blessing, I was able to manipulate my Uzumaki genetics and was able to awaken the chakra chains known for their durability and sealing purposes. I educated myself on the ancient techniques passed down by Ashina Uzumaki, the founder. 

   I used my travels in hopes to find purpose, but a portion of me remained empty. My hand covered my stomach almost instinctively. My black eyes trailed the outside of the restaurant where families mingled in the night-time festivities. 

    Kuma noticed and he lowered his glass, "Grieving takes time, Naruto. We'd heard rumours from the village over the years of Kakashi's election as Hokage and then your own. As much as we wanted to give our congratulations, we didn't feel that it was the appropriate time." 

     "Why?" Naruto scowled. 

     "I don't know," I said, finding my voice. "Even now. . .I wonder if I made the right choice." 

     "Eh?" Naruto squinted at me. "If you mean the villagers reaction today. . .it's because they've never seen you two before and perceived you as threats. We've lived in peace with no threat of conflict for over a decade. . ." 

      "Hn," I grunted. "Or perhaps I was forgotten. It hasn't been that long." 

      "No, it's not that," Naruto spread his hands. "Our village has expanded beyond what we thought possible. . .other nation's have flocked to leave her after the war. The Leaf's focus is a bright future focussed on peace, not reminiscing the past." 

      "And there has been no external threat since the war?" Kuma chewed absently. "That's interesting. . .other nations like Yusagakure have tightened their military." 

       Naruto shook his head, "I believe it's got something to do with our expansion. Besides, we are adapting to technology. We have scientific tools to assist us if there is an attack." 

     "Scientific. . .tools?" I raised an eyebrow. 

    "Un!" he nodded. "Lasers, Ninjutsu related gauntlets, protective shields and countless more. Obviously, most things are still in the experimental and testing phases." 

     I scoffed, "And what of the Academy? Are you using drones?" 

    "Of course not, the Academy is still open by tradition but Shinobi are becoming obsolete as technology advances," Naruto smirked. "Speaking of, the graduate exams are in the following weeks and I would love for you to attend. You could show the current graduate students what real Nin are like."