Our Second Master is bullied

Chapter3: Our Second Master is bullied

From that day on, I found the method to apply the medicine and to feed Second Master. Something to rejoice and celebrate. Later on, Second Master stopped scolding me and just acted as if I did not exist. Every day, he laid in the same position, staring with his eyes wide open at the ceiling. He ate, drank, shit and peed all on the bed. Speaking of eating, drinking, shitting and peeing, I suffered for the first two and Second Master suffered for the last two.

As he could not get down the bed, I had to enter the room and serve him at every few intervals. For peeing, Second Master could pretend he was a dead fish. I only needed to hold the urinal pot at the correct angle. But shitting was like taking his life. I had to carry him up to sit. Although I said sit, it was more like supporting the buttock and then placing the shit basin below. Because Second Master's right leg was completely removed, for the buttock to move even a little would touch the wound. But for shitting, you can't avoid exerting some force and once you exert some force, both sides will ache. Every time Second Master passed motion, it was 'heng heng ah ah duo duo suosuo' (sounds of pain and exertion). Shit, pee, cold sweat and tears -the atmosphere in the house was as terrible as terrible could be.

But the days passed like this.

After a month, Second Master's wounds became better. First Master and Yuan Sheng had not returned yet but the household was already almost falling part. I squatted at the yard and thought over this, if no money was earned, in about four to five days later Second Master won't even be able to drink sparse porridge water. Thus, I decided to make things to sell. What should I sell? After some thought, I decided to make some handicrafts. Don't just look at my monkey appearance, I actually have a nimble pair of hands. In the day, after I took care of Second Master, I would run to the fields outside the city to pluck flowers and ferns. Then, I returned home and made flower crowns, necklaces and bracelets.

It was presently the good season of spring. Every day, rich gentlemen will bring out their maidens to play outside the city and so I stood at the city gates to sell my wares. I actually sold quite well. It was only a bit tiring. Because the flowers and ferns would wither overnight and they had to be fresh for them to look good, I had to run out every day. But, it was good that I had money to earn, I couldn't let Second Master starve to death after all.

I was feeding Second Master food again when Second Master suddenly said, "Open the windows". I quickly opened the windows. It was already spring, the weather was bright and windy, the birds were chirping, everywhere was aglow with life and vitality. I looked outside and for a moment, I relaxed. Second Master spoke in a low voice, "Close it." I swore I really didn't hear it the first time. Second Master may have thought I was intentionally disobeying him so he shouted, "I order you to close it!" I was shocked and turned around. I saw that Second Master had turned his head away, half hidden under the blanket.

Suddenly-- in that moment, suddenly I felt that Second Master was a little pitiful. I didn't know where I got the courage but I told Second Master, "Second Master, let me bring you out to look around." Second Master ignored me. I walked forward and held Second Master's shoulders, Second Master tossed his shoulder. "Don't touch me!" In that moment, I was really possessed, I actually didn't listen to Second Master and pulled him to sit up. Second Master's injuries were almost fully recovered but he couldn't really rise up. To rise up so suddenly, he would immediately feel giddy and dazed. Taking advantage of his dizziness, using my hands and legs, I moved him onto a wooden handcart. When Second Master regained his bearings, he was already lying on the handcart. As he was about to unleash his fiery temper, he turned his gaze at the things next to him.