❤️ Two ❤️

Okay, so before you read, I want to quickly explain something.

This is the first chapter I ever wrote for this story because I wanted to make sure I had this ready when it was time for it to be updated. But this was originally supposed to be the fourth or fifth chapter. I had a different chapter that I was trying to write, but as I wrote it, it became a filler and I got bored with it. That is why I haven't updated. I've been trying to work on that chapter. So I changed it so that THIS is now the second chapter. (I will explain why I didn't want this chapter up so soon in the end.)

"Hurry up! Ms. Mark's going to kill me if I'm late again. And then my mom will kill me!" Symone called over her shoulder, running down the hallway. I follow after her, stumbling a few times. I hated running. We round the corner and she suddenly stops in front of the door, causing me to slam into her back.

"Umph! What the hell'd you stop for?" She didn't say anything. She stood there, looking through the glass of the door to the class we're suppose to be in close behind two people. "Hello?"

She turned to face me. "On second thought, let's go grab something to eat."

"What?" I asked, twisting my face up. Wasn't she just rushing to get to class? "Uh-uh. Come on, no cutting."

I grab her arm and turn the doorknob. But the second I open the door, I regret it. Now I know why she didn't want to go in. My eyes couldn't move away from him. He looked different. He cut his curly hair off. He had several new tattoos. He wasn't wearing as much piercings as before. I wrapped my arms around myself and bit my lip, trying to control my emotions. What the hell is he even doing here? He didn't seem to have noticed me yet. Maybe I can walk back out without him noticing me. I inched away from the door when I heard my name being called out. My eyes snapped to the teacher, who was glaring at me.

"Inside, Roxanne! Now!" Ms. Mark said sternly.

At the sound of my name, Anthony's head snapped up. His eyes found mine, and he stared at me for a long time. But there was something different in his eyes. We stared at each other for what seemed like eternity until I heard my name being called again.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Roxanne. Get inside. You too, Symone."

Symone stepped from behind me and placed her hand on my arm, gently pushing me in the classroom. I tore my eyes away from him and walked to the back. Symone sat down next to me and watched me, carefully looking me over. I didn't know what to think or how to feel. He was here. Anthony's here.

"Roxie?" I looked up, expecting it to be Anthony. Instead, I stared at Symone with a blank look on my face. "Roxie, if you don't want to be here, we can go."

My eyes drifted back to where Anthony sat, but he wasn't looking at me anymore. I then noticed who he sat with. My eyes narrowed as I watched a girl I didn't recognize place her arm on his chest and whisper something in his ear to which he laughed at. Why is he so close to her? Why hasn't he said anything to me yet? I inhaled slowly, my eyes falling to my lap.

"I can go fuck him up if you'd like," Symone offered, sounding serious. I knew she would, too.

I shook my head. "No," I said quietly.

I heard his laugh again and winced.

"Is there something you'd like to share with the class, Mr. Nichols?" Ms. Mark asked, eyeing him. Anthony stared back at her, eyes cold. Why was he acting like that? Instead of answering, he raised his hand high enough for her to see him flip her off. My eyes widened and she gasped. "You're very disrespectful! You just earned detention."

Anthony chuckled and turned back to face the brown haired girl to his left.

Class dragged on slowly. I found myself staring at the clock, waiting for the bell to ring so I could get out of there. I couldn't stand being in the same room with him anymore. I can't watch him talk to and flirt with that other girl. Finally, the bell rang. After giving us homework and telling us it was due on thursday, she dismissed us. I gathered up my notebook and papers and shoved them into my bag. I followed Symone towards the door when a hand wrapped around my wrist. With a gasp, turned around, now facing him. Symone stopped and glared at Anthony.