❤️ Chapter Fifteen ❤️

I should have known. Actually, I take that back. I did know. I knew since the first time I met him that he would lead me down a bad path. When I agreed to date him, I agreed to the trouble. I agreed to the pain and the heartbreak and the love that came along with it. Ever since I got that phone call from Vincent, I was uneasy about Anthony and the things he was involved in. Vincent is still a part of his life. And with just that i formation, I'd known there was a hell of a lot more that he wasn't telling me. There are more people he's associated with that I don't know about. There are activities he's taken part of that I have yet to discover.

All he's done is keep secrets.

So while I wasn't expecting it, not today at least, J can't say that I'm surprised that I have a gun pointed at my head.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Three hours earlier.

"Chase asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday."

"What?!" I whispered back, turning to face my best friend.

She bit her lip and nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Is there something you'd like to share with the rest of us, Roxanne?" My wold history teacher asked with a frown on his face. "Or is that another one of your personal conversations that has nothing to do with my class?"

I slump down in my chair and mutter an apology, realizing almost everyone was glancing back at me.

I thought the point of the back row was to be able to talk, undetected. And to not get called on for answering questions.

Symone snickered beside me and I shot her a glare.

"I didn't forget about you, Symone. I'm sure you can finish your conversation with Roxanne in detention."

She shot him a hateful glare and muttered incoherent words under her breath. After another fifteen minutes of his monotone talk about the World Wars, the bell rang and he dismissed us. We packed up our stuff and started to exit the classroom. Symone was a little slow with her packing, so I had to stop and wait for her outside the classroom until she came.

"I fucking hate him," she muttered, dragging me down the hall. "I've got biology."

"Free period. I was going to go get something to eat with Anthony."

She nodded. "Okay."

"Wait, seriously, why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know what I was going to say to him."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Mo, you've liked him since he first came."

She shrugged. "I know. Anyway, I'm going to say yes."

I smiled. "Good. I think he really likes you."

It was true. I remember when we first met, he had been hitting on me. He'd liked me, but I wasn't interested. I had Anthony. Anyway, Symone had gotten jealous a few times, but eventually they started hanging out. He grew real feelings for her, and that made me happy. It's not everyday you're crush likes you back.

"I should get to class. I have cheer practice, so I'll see you at home."

I replied with a simple 'ok' and we went our separate ways. I exited the school, knowing Anthony will outside already. He stood at the bottom of the school steps, hands shoved deeply into his pockets. I walked over to him and he took a hand out my pocket and snaked it around my waist.