like adam and eve

________________________________

a/n; this story will have a large theme of religion, though i myself am not religious and i am not forcing religion upon any person who reads this

________________________________

adam, 1528 (oil on panel)

________________________________

4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.

5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground,

6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground.

7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters.

11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold.

13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush.

14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Ashur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;

17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

18 The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a partner suitable for him."

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.
But for Adam no suitable helper was found.

21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and then closed up the place with flesh.

22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

"This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called 'woman,'
for she was taken out of man."

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

________________________________

"some people are artists. some, themselves, are art."
- anonymous

"we let our lives mix with our dreams, like two colored paints, until we didn't know which was what, and we didn't care."
- atticus

"do you think the universe fights for our souls to be together? some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences."
- anonymous

"it seems to be love could be labeled poison and we'd drink it anyways."
- atticus

"if you only knew how much those little moments with you mattered to me."
- anonymous

"i still hold onto a small, childish hope that there's someone out there in this crazy, wild world so completely, utterly meant for me even the stars will sigh, at last! in relief at our meeting."
- beau taplin

"the universe is always speaking to us...sending us little messages, causing coincidences and serendipities, reminding us to stop, to look around, to believe in something else, something more."
- anonymous

"some people have such a strong bond that nobody can break. no matter what happens or how long they are pushed apart, the universe will always find a way to bring them back together again. certain things are unexplainable."
- m. sosa

"it's pathetic really, how much i still hope it's you and me in the end."
- anonymous

"soulmates will always end up together. no matter how much love got lost, no matter how much distance there was. you lose each other to find each other again. that's what it's like when someone is meant for you...if they leave, they will return and stay forever."
- loversjournalx

"if two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection—even when all hope seems to be lost. certain ties cannot be broken. they define who we are—and who we can become. across space, across time, among paths we cannot predict—nature always finds a way."
- anonymous

"some day we will find what we are looking for. or maybe not. maybe we'll find something much greater than that."
- anonymous

"it is a frightening thought, that in one fraction of a moment you can fall in the kind of love that takes a lifetime to get over."
- beau taplin

"find someone who makes you realize three things: one, that home is not a place, but a feeling. two, that time is not measured by a clock, but by moments. and three, that heartbeats are not heard, but felt and shared."
- anonymous

"when i have a terrible need of—shall i say the word—religion, then i go out and paint the stars."
- vincent van gogh

"i would rather die of passion than boredom."
- vincent van gogh

"let me die first or i will die twice."
- atticus

"may the flowers remind us why the rain was so necessary."
- xan oku

"i often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day."
- vincent van gogh

genesis 2:19
"By the sweat of your brow
    you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
    since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
    and to dust you will return."

________________________________

a/n;
please don't abandon this fic just because of the bible verses! they're there for the aesthetic and poetic elements + this fic is loosely based on the story of adam and eve but it...it's interesting i promise. just, please read it. i've worked really hard on it and it's very much a manifestation of my feelings on philosophy/ just some stuff i've been thinking about a lot lately. this is the first thing i've written that i'm actually super proud of so PLEASE please read it.