Chapter Four

The two brothers hurriedly ran into their house, Liu slamming and locking the door in a split second. He dropped his backpack and leaned his back against the door, panting heavily and letting his head hang. The two had run all the way back home, without looking back or stopping.

When Liu looked up, he saw Jeff wasn't in front of him. The younger brother heard him running into the house, most likely to the bathroom. His suspicions were confirmed the moment he heard his older brother spitting into the sink.

Even though he was exhausted and breathing heavily, he rushed to the powder room.

Jeff stood over the sink, his hands gripped onto the ends of the countertop. The sink was now a red splattered mess, the longhaired teen spitting more blood into the crimson mess.

Liu stared in horror, "J-Jeff what the hell! W-what happened?'

"I'm fine." He spat out another few drops, wiping his blood covered mouth with the side of his hand. "I think I just bit my tongue."

Liu wanted to feel sympathy for his brother, but he just couldn't. For a turn, the calm brother felt anger boiling inside of him.

"What were you even thinking!"

Jeff stood up straight, looking at his reflection rather than his brother. "I-I wasn't."

"Wasn't thinking, huh? Are you kidding me! Jeff- What were you trying to do?"

Jeff turned around to face him, an angered look present on his beaten face. "How could I not Liu? Y-you know what he did! I-if you lost your best friend to an asshole like him you would've done the same!"

"No Jeff, no I wouldn't have! Unlike you, I can actually control myself! You're lucky he didn't hurt you any worse!" Liu screamed out.

"I-I could have taken him on if I had your help! But no, you got caught by those other two jackasses!" Jeff yelled back in anger.

"Now you're blaming me? I was going to pull you away from him, not help! Unlike you, I'm not a hothead that can't control myself!"

Jeff's eyes widened, the realization really sunk in. Liu rarely yelled or even got angry. So it was clear that he was furious. Jeff felt more blood gushing out from the gash in his tongue. He turned his head to spit in the sink.

"Look at you. You're a mess! Mom and Dad are going to kill you if they find out!"

After Liu said that, Jeff looked back at him. His right eye twitched in anger slightly. "You don't understand Liu, you don't fucking understand! I thought you'd actually be on my side with this, you always are!"

"I can't put up with it anymore! The truth is that you need to accept that Ben is dead, and Randy isn't going to JDC because of it! This isn't healthy Jeff, you need to move on and except everything! Ben wouldn't have wanted you to beat him up! No, he'd want you to mourn in a healthy way and move on!"

Those words were what silenced Jeff, realizing that he wasn't right and that Liu was. He looked away, spitting another few drops into the sink.

Liu took a deep breath, bring his hands to rub his face, letting out a sigh into his hands. He moved some of his side-swept hair away from his face before it fell back down onto his forehead. He knew his words were a little too harsh, but he needed to give his brother the cold hard truth of the situation.

"Listen, Jeff, I'm sorry." ,he said, inching closer to him. He placed his hand on his shoulder.

Jeff stood straight, wiping his mouth with his hand. He stared into the mirror, looking at his reflection with a frown. The bridge with his nose was cut and bloodied, along with his nose, that had dried maroon blood coming from his nostrils. Liu stood behind him, keeping his hand on his shoulder.

"No, you're right Liu." Jeff bowed his head, looking away from his reflection. "Ben wouldn't want this."

Liu sighed a little, patting his shoulder a bit "Let's clean you up."