Chapter Nine

"Mom? Dad? Are you guys ok?" Liu questioned, knocking on their closed bedroom door. After being awoken by a loud scream, the boy was understandably frightened. He figured that his parents could've been watching a horror movie, however, the cry of pain seemed all too real for him to comprehend.

"G-Guys?" Liu started to get freaked out and anxious at the lack of response, beginning to grow extremely worried. He gripped the metal doorknob, taking a deep breath as he slowly pushed it open, nearly falling back at the sudden sight.

Jeff stood in the darkroom, inches away from the doorway the little bit of light in the hallway casting onto his hockey mask.

Liu let out a wheezy breath, backing up a step as he stared at his brother in confusion. "J-Jeff! What- Y-you scared me!"

He didn't reply. He stood still as his eyes stared at Liu behind the mask.

As the younger brother's eyes began to adjust to the darkness, he could make out a certain detail on Jeff's mask that wasn't there before...Blood splatters.

"O-okay Jeff, you got me. Now, can you please just take off the mask?"

The hockey-masked brother still stayed silent, Liu feeling as if this was a joke or prank that was going way too far. He brought his hands to Jeff's mask, slowly pulling it off onto his black mound of hair. Liu screamed and fell back as he stared at him in shock.

Jeff had an outstretched smile, that was gushing and squirting out blood, it was running down his neck and was pooling out of his mouth

Jeff had an outstretched smile, that was gushing and squirting out blood, it was running down his neck and was pooling out of his mouth. He smiled in a sick and twisted way, his wide eyes only adding to the insane look even more. He had tears streaming down his face. He kneeled down to Liu's level.

The younger brother stared in shock, not even being able to stand up out of sheer fear and terror

The younger brother stared in shock, not even being able to stand up out of sheer fear and terror. Liu began to scoot back, shaking his head as he felt tears leaking from his eyes. Jeff crawled forward, keeping that same mad smile on his face.

"What do you think Liu? I carved it myself." He said in an almost playful, but sad voice.

Liu shook his head in terror, continuing his attempts in crawling backward. He couldn't even speak, but only let out shutters and small sobs.

Jeff grabbed ahold of his ankle with a firm tug, bringing a large kitchen knife into his brother's view, only making more tears spill out from his green eyes.

"Jeff p-please! Stop!"

The long-haired brother ignored his plea, crawling on top of him as he pinned his brother down.

"S-stop moving Liu! I want this to be as pain-free as possible! The more you move, the more it's gonna hurt!"

Jeff raised the knife, letting out a sob as he himself felt more tears streaming from his own eyes. He brought the knife down, but Liu and thrashed his head to the side, the knife cutting a line into the bridge of his nose and cheek. He let out a shriek, his eyes shut.

"S-Stop!" He cried out.

"Please Liu, s-stop moving! I-I don't want to do this, but I have to!" He cried out as he brought the kitchen knife up, stabbing it down on his brother's chest.

Liu let out a loud cry of pain the moment the knife broke through his skin and was pushed into his chest cavity. Jeff ripped the knife out, repeating the same motion again, and again.

Jeff ripped the knife out one last time, his face, Jason Vorhees jersey, and white hoodie were now drenched in more blood. He let out a sob as he saw his brothers face, he was still alive, but barely. He green eyes were filled with tears and betrayal, a large frown curved into his now pale and bloodied face.

"W-why?"

"I-I had to Liu.I promise you'll go to a better place now. You'll be asleep with Mommy and Daddy, and not have to live in this sick and terrible world. Please, go to sleep."

Liu's tear-filled eyes stared at Jeff a little while longer, before closing slowly, not opening again.

Jeff let out a sob, staring at the frowning and bloodied corpse of his brother. Liu was such a happy kid, and Jeff couldn't bear to ever see him frown. He leaned in, giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

"I love you, Liu..." He said quietly, bringing his bloodied knife to Liu's face, pressing the blade against his cheek. He pressed down, running the blade along his cheek. He drew the knife back, looking at Liu's face, now with a smile carved into his cheeks.

"Now, you can smile forever..."