Just a Cold Part Two

I do hope you guys enjoy this chapter. 

Kanan POV

It had been an agonizing two hours as I watched my son whimper and cry in his sleep.

"Hang on Kid, hang on. It will be over soon," I whispered for what felt like the thousandth time.

"Hurts," he whimpered waking up.

"Shh...I know, I know," I soothed kissing his forehead. "We'll be there soon."

Glancing over I noticed Hera's tight grip on the controls.

"Hera?" I questioned. "Are you okay?"

"I can't believe I missed something like this. I mean he's been sick  since you two joined but you have always taken care of it. Now the first time he gets sick on my watch I misdiagnose an appendicitis."

"Mama," Ezra called out.

"I'm sorry Baby," she said putting the ship on auto and turning to him.

"You didn't know," he said whimpering again clutching my shirt.

She reached over and kissed his head.

"Papa?" He whispered tears filling his eyes. "Am I going to die?"

"No," I said hugging him close. "If I remember correctly I had one when I was young and they told me it was normal. It just hurts like crazy."

He nodded weakly and fell back to sleep.

"Is it really normal?" Hera asked once she was sure he was sleeping. 

"Yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't any less dangerous. How much longer until we reach the hospital?"

"About five more minutes," she said flipping a few switches.

I took in a deep breath and forced myself to relax. Ezra was going to be fine and would have a great story to tell. Looking down I noticed that he was starting to sweat and whimper.

"Shh...it's okay, deep breath Buddy. I know it hurts, we're almost there," I cooed at him.

"Kanan he may be having a nightmare," Hera stated.

"No this isn't Ezra having a nightmare, he's getting worse," I whispered moving my arms so I was cradling him.

Hera's jaw tightened and stared straight ahead. I slipped into a light meditation and clung to the bond between me and my son.

'I'm here EJ,' I whispered to him.

The presence brightened.

'Papa! Papa help, it hurts!' He cried.

I sent love and assurance toward him and pulled out of meditation.

"We're here Kanan, take him!"

I carefully jumped up and ran out of the cockpit.

"Hang on Baby Boy," I said jumping down.

As soon as the ramp opened nurses started asking me questions. I started answering as I carefully laid him down on the gurney.

"Yes, I'm his father."

"Nine."

"AB Positive."

"No he's not allergic to anything. Please just help him."

I stayed with them as they wheeled him in.

"Papa," Ezra croaked reaching for my hand.

"I'm here," I said taking it.

The more the nurses and doctor talked the longer the hallway seemed. I squeezed my son's hand, suddenly wondering why it was so small. I was shocked when it was ripped away from me.

"EJ!"

"Daaad!"

"Sir," a voice called.

I jerked to the side to see one of the nurses standing there.

"You can't go in."

"But..."

"Please trust us, we'll take care of him."

With that she was gone.

Ezra POV

I coughed, whimpering when the pain flared. Where was Papa? Why wasn't he with me? He always made me feel better.

"Easy Sweetie, you'll feel better soon," a voice said from the side.

I tried to turn my head but my neck didn't respond. What's happening? My whole body suddenly felt numb. Where's Daddy? What's going on?

"I want my Daddy!" I croaked.

A blurry face appeared before me and smiled, a Twi'leck just like Mom.

"Just relax Hun."

"Mama?"

The face smiled again and my world went black.

NPOV

"Doctor b.p is dropping

"Increase dosage."

Loud alarms blaring.

"He's reacting to something!"

"Find it."

"B.P. is still dropping."

Alarms continuing to blare.

"He's crashing."

"Get the cart."

Nurses quickly attached the chest pads.

"Clear!"

A loud thump sounded.

"Still crashing!"

"Go again. Same charge."

"Clear."

A loud thump sounded again. Everyone anxiously looked at the screen as it let out moan.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

I do hope you guys enjoyed this. Please let me know what you thought and have a wonderful day!