No. 21: The New Life

Mirai | Age 14 Itachi | Age 15 (just turned)

______________

Many days turned to weeks and even months flew by quicker than the Ōtsutsuki thought. Even though she still has no idea of her origin at this rate, she was turned down by mount Myōboku to train. She never received an answer as to why. Mirai thought her whole world was crumbling to an end. And as devastating she felt, she knew there was no way she could return to the Leaf.

For plenty of reasons that is, she couldn't deny she held onto her feelings for a certain Uchiha prodigy. And then she felt jealous when he was around Izumi. The pain was beginning to make her feel unbearable to stay any longer. Mirai wanted to find her true self and meaning. She has no idea who her real parents were or like. Her own mind was doing flips on her like a circus.

Her heart lies elsewhere to find herself; to know how to use her chakra appropriately considering hers is different from everyone else's. Mirai can now recall Tenshi's way of saying how she has special chakra. Mirai missed many of her friends, either way, especially Ganmaru and Ikema she left behind.

Once the first year flew by while the wandering shinobi turned passed thirteen. She wasn't much younger than Itachi, she is a couple of months behind. Her own persona is silently turning away from society. She wanted the village to hate her, despise her even and eventually kill her for leaving. It wasn't a mere plan, but she hoped that she dies and is reborn elsewhere and not someone who was a nobody, to begin with. She has no one, so what can she lose?

She always somehow hoped it would be Itachi who could be the one to kill her, as she wouldn't want anyone else to do it. Her disappearance caused not many people to look into the case to investigate. Over the months, the case became cold and soon forgotten. That is what she figured out considering she vanished without a trace.

Mirai always had a pure white cloak to hide her same attire. Her white cloak hung over her head where you can barely see her face. Her bangs grew longer as her facial features drew more attention to the males who stare at her. Most likely her fair pale skin radiates off the sun than an average female. She would be more considered as very adoring. However, she felt how she was too young to court. The one who was indirectly breaking her heart took a piece with him.

Her disappearance was a mystery as her village had announced her death since she left. Mirai watched them all do it since the mole who stuck around in the village sent her missives. Ah, yes it was Tenshi who covered up some of her tracks. It was like she wanted them to assume and announce her death.

She spent most of her days at Mount Rōshomi near the Land of Iron. However, since she began her partial training at the age of thirteen, she stayed very passive and blocked her emotions off completely. She didn't want anyone to figure out her weaknesses since her heart held many.

"You're a mere failure if your stance is much alike of a Hyūga." Kenshin Totoriki is her instructor who always had an angry look on, and prefers to work than help others. He at least cared as he took the young girl in who fell unconscious near a snowbank. Luckily, he did find her and treated her for exhaustion.

Her days there had been everything she longed for. The control she needed to perfect the Murakame Doku blade. However, the Doku part had been added as the poison katana.

Still, Mirai has troubles trying to suppress the lust for blood the blade has. She can't succumb to the darkness and dip her soul in ink. She felt the weight lift off her shoulders as she trained for months. The constant speed she was expected to perfect was mere exhilarating constantly. The gold and black blade had its own hidden ability she must not show ever unless she was on the verge of death. The tame for control over her own self wasn't what she wanted. The blade gave her a faint scar above her left eye as she was practicing recklessly. Still, there was nothing she could do; at least she didn't lose her eye.