No. 27: Attachment

Mirai couldn't help but feel slightly more attached to Itachi. She felt more at ease being near him whereas her comrades were steering the boat they decided to rent and not steal.

"The Land of Snow isn't that far." Mirai began to shiver as icebergs began to appear around them. The air began to feel chilly and was dropping in temperature.

"The Leader of this village shouldn't be too hard to negotiate. After all, it's raised to a C Rank." Shisui grinned cheekily but soon started to rub his arms due to the cold.

"Ita-kun, can you pass my uwagi?" Mirai smiled at the Uchiha who obliged to give Mirai her jacket to keep herself warm. Except Itachi wrapped his arm around her shoulders from behind and leaned into her left ear.

"Even though they can't see us from here. Keep this a secret between us." Itachi's warm breath trickled down her spine making her shiver more than the cold itself. 'Eh? Secret?'

He relinquished his grasp and began to move forward on the boat just as they anchored the boat on shore.

"Genza-sama should be in his palace which isn't far from here. Their village is quite nice from what I've heard." Mirai spoke to the others gleefully and that was when Itachi noticed how happy she was and he knew that he was apart of tha cause.

"Didn't he have two crazy daughters around your age? One is twelve and the other is thirteen or so? Maybe you guys would get along?" Xanadu softly pushed her in a gentle way.

"Ah! I-I mean if they want too. If it doesn't bother the mission and they carry intel.. then I'll do what I can to gain information." Mirai was stoic from her sudden outburst of shock. Two girls her age? Every time that occurred they always swoon over the Uchiha.

"I'm starving, I don't think eating fish for three days straight agreed with my stomach." Ikema snickered while rubbing his stomach. Itachi's hand kept brushing passed Mirai's and was contemplating whether to hold her hand from behind where the others were distracted with the location of the palace.

Still, he held his respectfulness and wanted to wait till she was more comfortable. He didn't want Danzō either to get involved in his personal life and start to harm her. Itachi's father wants him to find a woman from the clan or someone who is capable to keep up with him. Even now he would be able to make herself worthwhile since his younger brother can sense his irritation whenever she gets mentioned.

"Wow... it's pretty!" Mirai stood in shock looking at the ice decorated palace. There were guards quite everywhere. And some with their masks on indicating they were the Hana no Yuma Black OPs. Quite a strong bunch except they can't say since the Leaf has never fought them.

"Our Leader-dono is waiting." One of them tilted their head to the side to get a look at all of the Leaf shinobi who arrived. The man directed the representatives of the Leaf to follow.

A large decorated room was presented soon after where a man in his late forties stood up from where he was sat. He looked quite tall where Mirai stood which was beside Itachi.

"I was aware you were coming, but I didn't think this soon." The man laughed kind heartedly.

"Excuse us for arriving on a bad notice." Shisui chimes in, "as the leader of this party... you hold something that the Leaf would call of value." Shisui smiles as he tries to gain a part of the Yukigakure's trust.

"Ah? You mean the seal that we've held for quite a few decades. I don't hand out precious destructive weapons to anyone. I suppose a price would have to be paid." The man known as Fuikuryū; he's quite skilled with Ice Release since the Land of Snow is quite the advantage.

"A price?" Mirai wasn't liking where this is going. Her insides twisted at the way he looked at her and the rest of them.

"We never signed any peace agreement about this. The seal is dangerous and us nations agreed to relinquish all weapons that can cause heavy damage. I-It's not like we can trust you or anyone in particular. The wrong person can get their hands on it." Xanadu was fuelling with antagonistic rage from the Snow lord.