Part 5 : The Masked Maiden

The camp was in chaos. Jasper had spread word of the "masked maiden" that helped him escape the grounders. Everyone was trying to get to Bell and Clarke. In the time that I was gone, they had both been deemed as the camp leaders. Bell, Clarke, and everyone else who had come to help Jasper were in the dropship. Most likely talking about what to do.

I sat in my favorite tree while I watched over the camp. A crowd surrounded the dropship trying to ask questions and listen in on the conversation. That didn't take much to do however, considering halfway through you could hear Bellamy yelling with someone named Finn. "She could be dangerous, Finn! My top priority is protecting this camp!"

"But she helped us!" I laughed from the comfy little spot on my branch. Minutes later, after a lot of yelling, Bellamy stormed out of the dropship. He marched through the gate with a frown on his face. I stood from my place on my tree, and kept an eye on the direction Bell was going.

I sent a signal to the other guards saying I was going to follow him. I told them to stay put and watch the rest of the camp. Kai sent me a smirk as I flipped him off. I put a mask on and followed Bellamy.

I followed Bell through the woods, making sure to stay as quiet as possible. He kept going until he got to a clearing. He was quite a distance from his people and was dangerously close to Trikru territory. He sat against a tree; his back faced the direction of the camp as he rubbed his eyes. He looked tired and stressed. I heard a whistling and before I knew it, I saw an arrow fly through the air, about to hit Bell. I quickly shot down from the trees and pushed Bell out of the way. I got up to kneel on my knee as I heard a second arrow come our way.

I quickly caught the arrow as I threw a knife in the direction the arrow came from. Not long after, we heard a few branches cracking and a thud hit the ground. I slowly rose to my feet and observed the area. It didn't seem like anyone else was near. I stabbed the arrow I had caught into the ground. I turned to face Bellamy. He was frozen as he stared at me. He quickly reached for his gun and aimed at me. I giggled at the action as he gave me a confused look.

"Really?" I raised my brow. I slowly moved to take a seat on the ground in front of him. His gun followed my movement as he watched me carefully. "I'm not gonna hurt you, so you can put that away," I pointed at the gun. He shook his head at me.

"Who are you?" He asked me, "Take the mask off." I sighed as I gave him a disappointed look.

"I wish I could," I smiled. I decided to take a friendly approach and calm him down. I held my hand out for him to take. He shook it as he began to sit up. "You're nervous," I said calmly, "You don't have to be."

"Remove all your weapons," He said, his eyes glaring daggers at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him. He kept his gun pointed at me.

"Will you ease up if I do?" He nodded. I once again stood up, the grip on his gun tightening. I removed my cloak; I didn't have any armour on due to how much it weighed me down. I revealed the several straps and holsters that wrapped around my body. I took them off one by one, placing every blade, gun, and poison on the ground in front of him. My body now only covered in my normal clothing. I raised my hands in the air as he lowered his gun.

I sat down again as I sent him a friendly smile. He glared at me again. "Just in case it isn't obvious to you, you're being pretty rude to someone who just saved your life," I said with a smirk.

"I don't even know you," He sneered. I laughed due to the irony.

I jumped around with a huge grin on my face. Bell just gave me my birthday present. It was a beautiful locket with a picture of Bell and I inside. I smiled at Bellamy.