Chapter 8

I looked at Natsu.

I shook my head.

I must of heard him wrong.

"How long?" I asked quietly.

He walked over to me slowly, and gave me a tight hug.

"Thirteen days."

I still couldn't believe it.

My eyes started to fill with tears again.

"Why did you stay here last night?" I asked.

"I've been sleeping here. We didn't know when you would wake up, and I just needed the confrontation that you weren't hurting." said Natsu. He pulled me into another tight hug.

Then I remembered.

"N-natsu." I started. He pulled back from our hug. "I can't feel my legs."

Natsu just pulled me back into a hug, setting his forehead on my shoulder.

"They said that there was a chance that this would happen." said Natsu. "Do you remember what happened?"

I nodded.

Then a doctor came into the room.

Natsu slowly pulled away from the hug, and his face was red from crying onto my shoulder.

"I see that she has woken up." said the man.

Natsu nodded.

"Did she lose any memory or feeling?" he asked.

"She said that she lost feeling in her legs, but no memory. She probably passed out from the smoke in the room before the wood on the ceiling broke." said Natsu.

He nodded. "Would you want to tell her? I suppose you two are dating if he stayed here for a week and a half. He was never getting any sleep the first week." he said.

I nodded, and looked over at Natsu.

He had his hand on the back of his head, awkwardly smiling.

"What happened after I passed out?" I asked.

"Well, Sting took the fire, and he dropped it near one of the wooden pillars. It caught fire, and well, it started to burn up the pillar, and over the beams that were holding together all of the stones in the ceiling." said Natsu. He nodded, knowing that I could figure out the rest by myself.

After a minuet of me thinking it over, I looked over at the doctor.

"Will I ever get the feeling back in my legs?" I asked. It's still hard for me a grasp how difficult my life would be in a wheelchair or crutches for the rest of my life.

"Well, we can't predict that right now, but, if you start extensive training on putting weight back onto your legs, soon, you will only need crutches, but for now, you can't start training until two weeks after you're in a wheelchair." he said, and bowed, then walked to the doorway. "If I may be excused." then walked out of the room.

I looked over at Natsu.

"Come here. Try to use my shoulder to put some weight on your legs." he said.

Natsu grabbed my right arm, and flung it around his shoulders.

"Here." he said. He bent his knees so that my feet were touching the ground.

But I couldn't feel anything.

I looked at my legs.

Natsu bent down even more, putting some more of pressure on my legs.