New World

"Get away from me!" Farrah spat at a few armed men and women as they tried to get her to calm down.

Her disappointment and anger were so prominent, she completely forgot about her eagerness to find other living humans.

"I said get away!" Farrah repeated, not realizing a certain individual had sneaked their way behind her.

She was snatched up quickly and flung over someone's shoulder, much to her horror. With shouts and a balled up fist, Farrah began to hit the person who was carrying her past a group of staring eyes.

"The things gone for now, but its injured which is good. Pack up everything and let's head back home."

Farrah came to realize her captor was a male, and she was sure to let him know how disgusted she was by his and his people's actions.

"You are all repulsive!" Farrah elbowed the back of the man's head as hard as she could, which caused him to tighten his grip on her waist.

"Pipe down, sweetheart. Is this the thanks we get for saving your life?"

"You will pay for hurting him. I swear you will pay, bastard."

Farrah was suddenly dropped flat on the floor. She rubbed her lower back with an unamused glare and glanced up at the man who had thrown her.

He seemed to be around her age, and by the looks of it, real cocky. The sneer on his lips ticked Farrah off, and his facial expression reeked of a 'know it all'. 

"Why are you angry? We saved you from being eaten by that thing."

"That 'thing' has a name. And he would never do that to me."

"Sure. Keep telling yourself that," The man with red hair yanked Farrah up from her arm and began to escort her to a parked, old jeep sitting next to an abandoned little cabin. He tossed her into the passenger's side and made sure the door was locked to prevent her from escaping. Once he was behind the driver's wheel, he shut the door and stuffed a key into the ignition.

"The name's Skye, by the way. What's your name?"

Farrah wore a forged smile and lifted up her middle finger before turning away from Skye and staring outside the window.

She prayed Isen was far, far away from the area and that he was resting now. The thought of him being in a lot of pain not only worried her, but it made Farrah upset.

"Geez. You've got one nasty attitude, you know that?" Skye teased, driving down a small hill and following behind a van where the rest of his team was. Farrah refused to respond, but Skye continued talking like she was interested.

"That's some surprisingly neat looking pajamas you got there. Who gave them to you?"

"..."

"Are you going to talk?"

"..."

"Whatever. I'll shut up now."

Farrah gave a satisfied nod and did not speak for the remainder of the drive. She wanted to ask where she was being taken, however, and fidgeted uncomfortably in her seat as the thought began to eat away at her.

Isen said she was safe, but what if she wasn't? What would her own kind do to her? Would they lock her up for being aggressive?

Farrah's heart began to sink to the floor as she rested her forehead against the cold glass beside her. She began to think of Isen again and of their short lived adventure. Farrah wanted to spend more time with the being, ask him questions about the universe, have him fly around with her on his back...

The girl placed a hand over her heart, tears starting to form around the edges of her eyes as a deep loneliness began to spread throughout her chest. She hadn't felt like that ever since her parents died, and it was worse now that she had no idea if Isen was even doing okay.

Skye turned towards the girl he had taken and noticed with a somber look that she was silently crying to herself. Before he could ask what was wrong, he could hear Farrah faintly muttering to herself.

"Funny," she spoke in a shaky, whispery voice, "I have found my people, but I feel even more alone than ever."

Skye was about to make a smart remark, but he bit his tongue. Instead, he tried to reassure, though he didn't know if Farrah would take kindly to hearing his voice again, "Hey. When we make it back to our colony you can have something to eat then go to sleep, okay?"

Farrah hastily wiped the tears from her face, but still did not make an attempt to respond. She brought her legs up to her chest and rested her cheek against her knees.

The ride must have lasted for about half an hour or so. Farrah lifted her head the minute the car came to a halt, and Skye ordered her to stay seated. He hopped out of the vehicle and started to make his way towards a large gate with two watch towers on the side.

Farrah examined the place they had winded up in with little surprise. She stared at the tall wire fence and the flocks of people roaming around inside. The place seemed to be huge, but from where she was, she could only see a bit of wherever they were.

Two guards with large guns in the watch towers beside the entrance stared down at the group that had arrived, waving towards Skye. Farrah's eyes glazed over them and back down at the people inside.

She could tell there were a few market places set up on the sides of the walls, but other than that, Farrah wasn't very impressed.

Skye popped back into the car without warning. He happily tapped his fingers against the steering wheel as the van in front of him began to make its way towards the now open gates. With a wide grin, he turned towards Farrah who did not return the gesture.

"Stranger, I'd like to welcome you to Haven. The last place on Earth you'll find our kind."