Reunion

Farrah began to step away from Algol. She shook her head several times, swallowing hard as the beast's words kept repeating in her head over and over.

"Don't you want to see Isen? I promise I'll play nice and not devour you- for now."

"I-I think I'll find him...on my own." All Farrah wanted now was for Isen to come and sweep her to safety. But how could she find him if she didn't know where to look? The only being that knew where he was was Algol, but the creature was already eyeing her like she was dinner.

"Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. I could never now that I know how important you are." Algol vanished and reappeared in front of Farrah, scooping her up in his arms like she was a princess. The girl had no time to react, nor did she feel it was wise due to how tight Algol was gripping on to her.

She nearly began to suffocate, but thankfully the discomfort only lasted for a short while.

Once they were at their new destination, Algol accidentally dropped Farrah as he let her go, seemingly forgetting that he was much taller and therefore higher off the ground. She landed on her butt with a sharp yelp, causing Algol to flinch and try to help her up though she politely rejected his aid.

"Where are we?" Farrah asked, staring at a vast, calm lake as she rubbed her sore bottom. Algol sniffed the air for a familiar scent. Once he found it, he whirled around and caught sight of a far off cave hidden behind a sea of tree trunks and bushes.

"He's hiding in there. The sun is too bright for him to come out."

Farrah quickly looked to where Algol was pointing and immediately rushed past him without another word. All she could think at that moment was Isen and what state he was in. She feared the worse, and though she knew he was alive, part of her was afraid to witness him unable to move and covered in his own blood.

"Isen!" Farrah screamed as the imagery became much too vivid.

From inside the opaque cave, a hunched dark shadow reared up its head and faced the entrance of its dwelling. It was silent for a moment as it weakly tried to make out the shape of the person stumbling towards him.

"Farrah?"

"Isen!" She had never screamed so hard in her life. Her lungs ached for air, but all she could think about was holding her friend close to her.

At the sound of her voice, Isen rushed towards the girl, enveloping her in his arms as he let out a loud sigh of relief. Farrah buried her face into Isen's soft chest, attempting to muffle her weeping though it was clearly evident she was sobbing.

From behind the two, a serious and slightly disgusted Algol rested against the cave walls. He crossed his arms over his chest, a hint of displeasure growing inside him as he inspected the human and monster. It was clear to him the true nature of their feelings for one another, and he thought it was ridiculous they couldn't see it themselves.

Farrah let go of Isen and planted a soft kiss on his forehead without any thought. The horned being's claws caressed his partner's face as she smiled at him with a mixture of relief and sadness.

"I did not think I would see you again."

"I tried so hard to leave. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have been able to escape." Isen glanced up momentarily and stared directly at Algol, who merely gave a simple wave.

"Algol? Where have you been?"

"Feasting on humanity while you took them in as pets." Algol's attention was now focused on a quiet Farrah, who tried her best to ignore his penetrating gaze, "But it appears we're united once more by a similar interest."

Farrah could feel Isen protectively wrap his large arms tighter around her. With a questioning tone in his voice, the monster began to ask, "Is she-?"

"Indeed. You know exactly what that means. She's the key, Isen."

Farrah sneered in confusion, shaking her head as she tried to understand what was even going on. "Woah what key?"

Isen snapped out of whatever daze he was in, but it was obvious he wouldn't tell her what him and Algol were discussing. Instead, he let go of Farrah and stepped back, seemingly ready to return to the shadows.

"Your people are looking for you. You must go back to them before they find you here."

Farrah shook her head hard, trying to seek shelter back inside her protector's arms. Isen could not refuse, for he did not have the will to push her away from him.

"I'm not going anywhere. They tried to kill you. You can't make me go back there."

Isen sighed to himself, glancing at Algol with a slight nod. The other being snorted to himself and stepped away from the wall, making his way outside to keep an eye out.

Alone with Farrah, Isen gently picked up her hands and held them in his own without a word. The woman felt her heart begin to ache as seconds passed, and a feeling of dread started to build in the pit of her stomach.

"Farrah-."

"Don't say it." She pleaded in a low voice.

"Farrah," Isen began again, his words slow and careful, "They will try to kill Algol and I. If they know you are with us, they will harm you for betraying them. It is safer for you to return to your kind on your own."

Her heart nearly missed a beat at Isen's first words. Though Farrah could not comprehend why, her spirit was screaming for her to cling to him for dear life.

"We have not been able to spend much time together, human. Despite that, my thoughts have been occupied solely on you since the day we met."

Farrah felt a knot growing in her throat as she almost turned away from Isen. His words were tearing away at her insides, forcing her to bring up thoughts she had buried in the back of her mind since Algol told her Isen loved her.

"Isen, I-I," She couldn't focus on him, not when her feelings were beginning to spill into every wrinkle on her face.

From outside, Algol could feel the tension inside the cave starting to build up. He growled loudly and forced himself to march farther away so he wouldn't be annoyed by their energy levels.

"You are easy to read," Isen's whispery, husky voice was pleasing to Farrah's ears, and it made the hairs on her arms stand straight up.

"And you're not," Farrah wore a small smirk, "There's not much I can go by. You don't exactly have a readable face." She paused for a moment as a new thought began to float back.

Skye's words about Isen being the cause of the end of the world were ringing in her mind again. She immediately glanced down, the smile on her lips fading as she was brought back to reality.

"What is wrong? Have I made you uncomfortable?"

"No, never. I just remembered something...but now that I think about it, it's not important right now." Farrah immediately felt guilty as the image of her loving parents flashed before her. She cleared her throat, attempting to block out any negativity from coming back into her mind.

And what if it did happen? She always knew the damaged world would end someway or somehow. Earth was going downhill. 

"Isen. When I'm with you...everything makes sense. If this is the last time we are to see each other, I want to remember it forever."

At this moment, Farrah stood up and gently cupped Isen's face in between her hands. She was suffering, yet at the same time she was thrilled. Her mixed emotions were battling with each other, edging her to do things she never imagined she would do.

"Do you think of me often, Farrah?"

"I do, Isen. More than you think."