passenger seat by stephen speaks

"You can have the aux cord if you want." I offered her the cord after I turned on the engine.

"My phone's dead." She groaned as she fished out her phone.

I took out a charger from the glove compartment. "Here."

"Thanks." She took it and plugged her phone in. Good thing we have the same phone.

Somehow it kinda felt like we were already friends for so long. It didn't feel wrong to have her on my passenger seat even if we barely knew each other.

I started to drive our way to the nearest beach. It's about an hour and half away but it's gonna be worth the drive.

When her phone turned on, it turned into some sound maniac. Dings and alerts were heard all over the place. It seemed like people were worried about her.

"In demand?" I chuckled.

She turned to me and smiled. "I guess not contacting people for the last 10 hours would surely make them worry."

"10 hours? What on earth were you doing?"

"Besides thinking about why I have such a shitty life? I guess.. drinking?" Which made the two of us laugh.

After texting for a few minutes, she put her phone down and sighed. "Do you mind?" She pointed at the jacket on the backseat. I shook my head no and she took it to cover herself.

"So.. tell me something about yourself stranger." She turned to me and I felt her stare shooting straight at me.

"I'm pretty boring. Nothing much to tell." I said.

"Aw come on. I told you about my boyfriend problem." She pouted.

Okay that's fucking cute.

"I didn't tell you to share." I teased. She rolled her eyes and I chuckled.

"Come on. I'm just curious about you. For real." She tugged on my shirt and pouted again.

I bit my lip to stop me from smiling. The girl beside me is really tugging something inside me. God, that face.

"Okay okay, I'll share." I gripped on the steering wheel and sighed.

"Any exes?" She asked.

"Nope. Never been in a relationship."

"What? Really?" She raised an eyebrow, skeptic.

"Believe it or not." I shrugged. "I want my first relationship to be my last."

"Wow what a romantic!" She laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Laugh all you want but I'm not gonna waste my time on someone that I'm not gonna spend my life forever with."

"You have a point. But isn't life just trial and error? You just gotta make mistakes to learn from them and be better." I saw her snuggle even further.

"You're right. I just prefer to have the sure thing, you know? You can always try even if you're not in a serious relationship. I think you may know it as dating." I snickered.

She scoffed. "With that thinking, you may end up single forever."

I didn't answer anymore. I've already had so many skeptics. But I noticed her shiver.

"You cold? You want me to turn off the ac?" I asked.

"Just open the windows probably? I wanna feel the wind on my face."

I looked at her weirdly at first but nodded eventually. I turned off the ac and pushed down the button for the windows to come down.

A cold breeze blew into my face making me shiver. The wind was probably colder than the ac. I turned to the girl beside me and she was already leaning her head towards the window, her hair flowing with the wind.