crush by david archuleta

"Ya, Lalisa. Wake up. It's almost noon."

"Nana, let me sleep more."

Then I felt a slipper hit my thigh. I groaned.

"The sun is so high up in the sky yet here you are, still in the dark." Then light blinded me when my granny opened the curtains to my dimly lit room.

I opened my eyes and saw my granny picking up the dirty clothes on the floor. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I looked at my phone. It's 11:36am. I got home at around 6:30am. My granny was still asleep, fortunately, or else she would've scolded me again.

"But it's my break already. I wanna sleep in."

"Just get up already. I cooked pad thai for you." She said as she sat on the edge of my bed, folding the clothes.

"Pad thai?" I quickly sat up and smiled at her. Pad thai's my favorite food in the world. I love it so much and even more whenever it's made by my Nana.

"Mmhmm. So get up and let's go eat." She tapped my leg and smiled back.

"Okay Nana, I'll head out in a while. Just gonna wash my face." She ruffled my already disheveled hair and went out of my room.

I groaned and laid back down. Somehow I couldn't stop thinking about what happened this early morning. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes.

Her lips.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling too. I closed my eyes and exhaled. Stop it.

I reached out for my phone and checked for messages.

seulgi: u home??
seulgi: can i come over before training
seulgi: you are soooo in the hot seat later
seulgi: hellloooo???

jeongyeon: training @4pm today. don't forget

I lazily rolled over my bed and replied to their messages. I told Seulgi she can come over after lunch and frowned about the hot seat thingy. I replied a thumbs up for Jeongyeon. She's our captain in the softball team. It's gonna be the last practice for the semester.

I checked for other messages but there were none. Should I text her?

Nah, too clingy.

I sighed. She's probably not awake yet. I'll give it a few days probably. Too much?

I shook my head, got up and showered instead.

—-

The smell of pad thai flooded my nose the moment I stepped out of my room. My grandma was in the kitchen, preparing our lunch. I back hugged my granny and kissed her cheek.

"Aigoo." She said. "What time did you come home last night?"

"About 2am?" Liar.

"Are you sure? I didn't hear you come in." She glared at me.

I chuckled nervously. "I didn't wanna wake you up so I went in quietly."

"Hmm. Next time come home earlier okay?" I nodded and pulled away.

I went back to the living room to find Leo, my cat. "Leooooo"

He came running and pounced at me. I lifted him up and played with him and his little paws. He's so cute I just wanna squish his cat cheeks.

I carried him back to the kitchen.

"Oh no no. No cat paws on the table." My Nana said. I pouted and put Leo down.

As if on cue, the door bell rang. It's probably Seulgi.

"I'll get it." I stood up and jogged to the door. I opened it and a smirking girl appeared.