Hi-five

{Asher's Pov}

I was on my way to the swimming pool after I had parked my cycle, I seriously needed to repaint it I thought as I entered the changing room. When I came out, Armond greeted me with a warm smile.

"Hey Asher, how are you?"

"The same, we met yesterday..." the last part I said in a whisper, rolling my eyes.

I quickly jumped into the pool and rushed to the other side, heaving and panting as I stopped after a while, I had crossed half the pool's width in one breath, one more half to go I thought to myself. Armond was already reaching the other side of the pool, waiting for me to join him.

"Hey, you know you should keep you're head up while swimming..." he said giving a hearty laugh.

"Yeah, I know but I don't know how..." I said sheepishly. I still swimmed in the shallower regions of the pool because I couldn't keep my head up while I swimmed, hence I'd have to take breaks when I did a lap.

The next hour went by in Armond trying to explain me the best method to swim and all but all in vain.

After we were done at the pool, we hit the showers again, him giving me an advice on how to tone myself more...that kinda irritated me. My dad does it all the time, now him as well. I just replied with an 'hmmph' as he continued.

After changing back to our clothes, we rode on my cycle to his house, him again inviting me to hangout and me again declining cause Cason was waiting there for me.

~

"Hey..." I said to Cason as he was sitting below a plum tree near the gate of the park.

"Hi, come sit here." He said giving me a grin, showing all his perfect white teeth.

"You seem happy" I said more like a question as I sat at a more than normal distance from him.

He shifted closer though, doesn't this guy get it that I purposefully sat away from him, I thought as I did a mental facepalm.

"Yep, I completed reading the first book of Harry Potter" he said grinning like a gremlin monster, his face too close to mine, making me feel warmth come to my cheeks.

"Okay... Cool" I replied breaking eye constact with him. What the hell is wrong with me, I wondered.

"Actually even I wanna read the Harry Potter series, my friends, Faith and Ivara both are fans of it so even I wanna try it."

"Great!! I'll bring the book the day after tomorrow when we meet..."

"Umm sure" I said looking back at him. His face had a lopsided grin on it, the source of which was a mystery to me. "I've got a class tomorrow if that's what you're wondering in that nerdy brains of yours."

I chuckled at his ability to read my mind so well. "Yep, I was..." I said sheepishly. He raised a hand and said "Hi!" It took me a moment to realise what he meant though and I gave him five saying the word with more embarrassment than enthusiasm.

The rest of the two hours went by in him elaborating and if I may say so, marketing Harry Potter. Jeez, I liked Harry Potter but Cason surpassed all the limits. He would be a great company to Faith, she's almost as crazy a fan as he is...

"See you soon Ash!!" he exclaimed as we exited the park. He waved at me, not before giving me a handshake but this time his touch felt more like an electrifying shock as I felt tingles of sparks radiate from where his hands touched mine. What the hell is wrong with me.

I replied with a frail wave of hand, mouthing a bye to him as I turned towards my cycle, my brain still processing what the jolts of electricity were about, maybe static but this wasn't the kind I had experienced ever before. I'm going nuts and reading too much of Wattpad romance was the conclusion I pulled out of it on my way home.