17 Again

A tad longer chapter ahead, hope you enjoy!!

~

{Asher's Pov}

A strange emotion bubbled inside me as I watched the girl hold his hand. They looked so happy, in a world of their own. They way their eyes crinkled in their blissful time with each other clearly showed their mirth that they experienced in each other's presence. A small smile decorated by face without even trying to, a bittersweet one though that I knew of. At once I felt content seeing the couple, seeing how much at ease their relationship was. They too may have had ups and downs, I'm not assuming that they were today where they were with everything going merrily all along but right now, even after the troubles they may or may not have faced, they were happy and together. A part of me was happy for them. The other one wondering if I could ever achieve that in my life.

"Asher!!!" A sound yelling my name broke my thought as I looked out of my gallery.

"Yes...?" I asked in a small voice at the angry figure of my dad as I rushed downstairs. I was used to his short tempered attitude now but still his words would affect me more than I wanted them to.

"Why in the world did you keep the tray here in the window?" He asked frustrated.

"Ummm to dry..." I spoke, my voice barely above a whisper. My dad's jaw was clenched and I knew he was going to snap any moment... And he did. This was followed by a lot of yelling and well no good words on his part. Apparently he had coloured the window grills after I had left the trays to dry, hence staining them. Like what's my fault, he should have seen that the trays were kept there. As much as I wanted to point this out and prove my point that is it isn't my fault, I didn't; simply because my dad's ego would be hurt and well he doesn't take it well when that happens...

Nonetheless I endured his rant painfully and was finally saved by the bell of my house. When I opened the door it revealed a smiling Ivara. "Thanks so much!!!" I whispered almost wanting to hug her. It wasn't that I was not used to my dad's short tempered outbursts, I had been facing them since as long as I knew but still they were hurtful to my sensitive heart.

"Who's it?" My dad asked in a tone barely hiding that he was angry.

"It's me Joseph, actually I and Asher need to finish off a project so I came by..." She said in a sweet voice.

My dad calmed his demeanor knowing who was at the door, though Ivara was very much aware of this part of my life too so I didn't really mind. Avoiding my dad's glare, I led Ivara to my room as a small smile made it's way on my face.

"Nice timing Ive, thanks so much."

"Mention not, actually I've been listening to his yelling for ten minutes outside the door but he wouldn't stop so I decided to barge in feeling that you'd have enough."

I looked down shyly, "Sorry you had to hear that."

"Nah it's fine, I understand Ash, and that's the reason I'm telling you, get out of this hell hole."

"Yeah, it's not that bad though" I countered. I still did love my family. "Yeah but I think an almost 18 year old deserves some more freedom than these guys let you have." She said nonchalantly.

"Please Ivara, let's just study and not talk about it, anyways if I'm able to go to med school, my parents won't be able to boss me around."

"Exactly, unless you get in the one which is in the next city." She stated.

"Well I don't know but it's one of the best one's, let's see what happens."

With that both of us began our work of studying. No, they're wasn't any urgent project we had to complete but we just well were studying together cause we found it more productive. Ivara had lied about some project just to save my sorry bum from more insults and I felt grateful and relieved.