4x02 - Memorial

Picture of Apollo Young

Salvatore Boarding House

Stella is packing up stuff for a camping trip in the woods. Demi is in the room with her, "You're making a big mistake"

"No, I'm not. If I can get Eliot used to animal blood right out the gate" Stella tries to explain.

"You're reaching"

"Maybe he'll be able to bypass all the things that we went through"

"Delusional!" Demi doesn't listen to her reasonings.

"Maybe he actually has a shot at this"

"Wrong. You're just wrong, Stella"

"He won't be able to handle it if he hurts someone, Demi. His compassion is his Achilles heel, and everything is magnified right now" Stella explains.

"Then you better hope he's not a fan of Bambi" Demi stabs a knife into the table, "He needs human blood, Stella, from the vein"

"Oh, come on, you know what happens. You name me a vampire who didn't kill at least one person when they were new" Stella tells her.

Demi gets up, "You name me one who went on a bunny diet and didn't kill dozens"

"If he kills someone, he will crumble. How much pain do you think he could take before he shuts off his humanity switch?"

"It happens to the best of us at least once. We get over it, Stella. A hundred years or so" Demi shrugs.

"No, I think I'd like him to skip that part"

Demi starts unpacking the bags that Stella was packing for the trip in the woods, "He can't learn to control the bloodlust, if he's never actually experienced the bloodlust"

"What are you doing? Knock it off" Stella tries to stop her, but Demi continues to unpack the bag.

"It's a cheat. It's like giving a kid a calculator before they know math"

"I said stop it!" Stella grabs Demi's arm. Demi pushes her arm off her. They stare each other down.

Eliot enters Stella's room. Demi and Stella are still staring at each other. "Woah, what's going on?"

"We're just having a little disagreement about process" Stella tells him.

"You're still not on board with the animal plan" Eliot realizes about Demi.

Stella stops the stare down with Demi and goes back to packing the bag.

"Nope. I say rip off the proverbial band-aid and let it bleed. You're a vampire, Eliot. Be a vampire" Demi tells him.

Stella finishes packing and walks over towards Eliot, "Ready to go?"

Eliot nods. They both start to leave. "Vampires eat people!" Demi shouts after them. They stop in the doorway and look at her, "It's part of the natural food pyramid. Trust me, you're going to be miserable"

Stella leaves. Eliot stands there for a second, then follows Stella.

**********

Mystic Grill

Demi is sitting at the bar, drinking alone. Sheriff Forbes comes up next to her and pulls out a chair. "That seat's taken" Demi interrupts him. Sheriff Forbes throws down a newspaper in front of Demi and moves to her other side. Demi takes the paper and reads the headline.