cast + the reaping.

lily collins as arwen gold

     lily collins   as   arwen gold

franscisco l. as renny smithens

the rest of the hunger games cast as their respectable characters

——

stupid. i found this whole ideal stupid. mother always criticized me when i said that word, but it was true. the hunger games was incredibly stupid.
the reaping of the 74th hunger games was today, and i feel i shouldn't disappoint. coming from a family of victors, i was expected to volunteer. i loved my parents, don't get me wrong, but they've never cared too much about me. we're known as the "golden family" after all, my name is arwen gold. i'm an only child, and my parents have been training me to become a vicious killer since i could walk. they never really cared about me, just the title.
so today was the day, i would volunteer and go into the games. hopefully, making it out.

mother put me in a tight lilac dress and i did my hair in a loose, low ponytail with a few strands of hair framing my face.
"arwen, you look absolutely stunning. the capitol is going to love you." mother said with a radiant beam stuck on her face. she pulled me in front of our only mirror in the house, and i slightly smiled.
my dark brown hair looked nice with the dress color, and my bright blue eyes added contrast with my hair being so dark. my tanned skin gave a sun kissed look, and i was sorta digging it. i had a slim figure, but with some curves. i loved food, i found no need to obsess over being skinny.
"thank you mom, truly." i said quietly. this could be the last day i ever saw my mother, if i didn't survive the games. she sighed deeply.
"lets go talk to your father."
i nodded and we walked out the house towards the square.
the square is the middle of our district, where every reaping was ever held. as well every small party. as well as every town whipping.
walking through my district, i couldn't help but love it. the large woods surrounded our area, and the sun was creating a perfect pink sunrise. i had to ignore the mout. it's what my parents, we well as the rest of the victors and/or wealthier people, called the homeless. i was hated that, it wasn't any of their faults our capitol is so messed up. so, i simply has to try my best and ignore it.
my father was already there, he was typically early at district events.
"hey papa." i exclaimed once he became in sight. he turned around and smiled.
"go make us proud out there, arwen." father said calmly. neither of them gave me a hug, so i simply swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded sheepishly. i made a gesture towards the check in line, knowing they'd understand, and started walking.

our capitol representative's name was pryce. i'd never payed too much attention to her, but i did know that she wore very vibrant eyebrows. she always matched her eyes brows to her lipstick color. it was quite odd, if you ask me.
this year, she picked her color to be green. green eyebrows. green lips. not the beautiful, woodsy green either, it was an eye blinding neon green. she had a very large potato sack type of dress. not actually, obviously, but the neckline reached to her collarbones making a square shaped collar. and the material didn't stop until far below her knees. not quite meeting her ankles yet. the sleeves were cut off right before her elbows, looking very peculiar. the dress was green, of course, but had small little brown fragments sparkled all over the material. what was very interesting, was the fact that she left her hair the natural strawberry blonde it was, left down in waves that only stopped when they met her ribs.
she played a short recap of the previous games every year. it was like the capitol was threatening us. i found this amusing, i was about to laugh but decided against it.
the games were sickening. twenty four tributes, one boy and one girl from each district, go into a specialized arena. and all twenty four kill each other until one is left remaining, that last remaining tribute is crowned as victor. the saddest part of it, was the capitol and all twelve districts watched the games, and some people even placed bets upon who would win. i found it all disgusting.
when the recap was over, pryce clapped and looked upon the crowd with a pleased look on her face.
"beautiful." pryce stated, "let's get going. ladies first." she started walking painfully slow towards the large bowl holding all our names. this was it. i was going to volunteer. i had to.
her hand reached into the bowl and stopped, as if her hand was drawing her towards a certain slip of paper. pryce's hand kept creeping until she reached one very paper in particular. when looking upon the paper, a small smirk made its way upon her face, like she was expecting for this to happen.
the green lipped lady cleared her through before speaking.
"arwen gold."
—————

a/n
hopefully you guys enjoyed this first chapter!! :)
i can't wait until cato comes along ;)
you'll have to wait a chapter or two more, i need to advance the story hehe.
BUT, when he comes, trust me, we'll all be fangirling. lol.

have a great day!