the training center

i was waiting in the elevator for renny, johanna said that if we walked in together it would make a good impression.
  so we did.
  the training center was huge, with all types of weaponry around. not that most would know, but i specialized in many weapons. even though, hand to hand combat was my strong suit.
  when renny and i walked in, like usual, all eyes turned to face us. and as soon as they did i let out a loud sigh. it was annoying.
  once making it upon the group, the training center leader instructed us about some of us would die of exposure, but most would die of dehydration. boring stuff, really.
as soon the leader finished, i immediately decided to go to plants. that was one of my softest subjects, and weakest.
the station was simple.
you would step into a small circle facing a 180 degree screen, where the rest of the center could see your scores as well.
the objective was to tell which herbs were poisonous and others that were edible.
there wasn't any line when i walked up to it, so i just asked the security guard protecting the station if i could start, and he firmly nodded. so i pressed the green button in the middle.
questions came left and right.
nightlock; red.
hemlock; red.
spearmint; green.
and like that, i was off. i couldn't take my eyes off the screen, but i knew the careers were watching me considering the burning feeling of eyes boring into my back.
soon enough a white screen with words in bold black popped up:
CONGRATULATIONS, 100%
i knew this moment of pride wouldn't last long.
"hey archer, isn't it? it's quite ironic your score considering what your mom did to win her games. or is that just a coincidence?" a squeaky voice called out from behind me. i groaned out loud and turned painfully slow only to be met with the whole arena watching this ordeal.
  "i have no clue what you're talking about, glitter, isn't it?" i snarled back.
  "i'm just saying, it's not fair to us other tributes with your background on the games. it wouldn't be shocking if you were the number one target already." i looked around after her comment to see a bunch of people nodding their head in agreement.
  to the right of glimmer, i saw cato watching me intently.
  i directed my focus back on her, and took a few steps towards her till we were about a foot away from eachother. 
  i laughed out loud.
  "have fun with that." i stayed, then turned towards the other tributes. "anyone else who wants to take me out, i dare you. go for it." i yelled aloud then purposely shoulder shoved glimmer before walking out of the center.
  if they wanted a fight, that's what i would give them.
——
  it was day two of training, and yesterday i went in my room and didn't talk to anyone. i was humiliated.
  but today, i decided it'd be best if i showed my face. i didn't really mind not talking to anyone, i've always been a lone wolf type of gal.
  the ride to the training center was painfully long. renny was anything but patient, complaining about how awkward today would be. after hearing his whole rant, i came up with the conclusion that boys are too bipolar.
  "ladies first," renny's voice called out. i snapped out of my zone when i looked up to find we were at the doors to the center. i politely thanked him for opening the door, and started walking in.
  as usual, all the tributes stopped to see who walked in but i immediately went to the archery section. the bows were beautiful and brand new.
how much many do they spend on this shit?
  i loaded the bow, and shot my arrow.
  i didn't hit bullseye, not even close. but considering i'm not skilled in archery, i was fairly impressed with myself.
  next station was knife throwing, the thought alone made my arms grow goosebumps. axes and knives have always been my strong suit.
  the cold feeling of the metallic knife on my skin felt fantastic. i stuffed about four extra knives in my belt and walked up to the target line. suddenly, the whole center became quiet. everyone was watching.
  taking in a huge breath i raised my arm up and swiftly began throwing knives into all three target dummies.
the pressure wasn't helping, but i still felt alive. the buzz through my ears told me to keep throwing, and i did.
  when i finished, i lifted my eyes to be met with one dummy decapitated, and the other two impaled in both the heart and high head. nodding slowly in satisfaction, i turned to meet eyes with all the other tributes. of course, glimmer had to say something.
  "luck..." she muttered under her breath and pretended to inspect her nails.
  "thanks glimmer, you're my role model." i responded to her sarcastically.
  "of course you are. not a shocker." she said more clear, and lifted her face to meet eyes with me. i smiled back and walked away. as i was walking away i felt her nails digging into my wrist. i gasped out in pain. "hey! i'm talking to you."
  i turned around and smacked her, hard. "do not touch me." i replied, pissed.
  "oh, you bitch!" she spat out reaching to grab me, but before she could cato grabbed her and pushed her away. "let me go!" she screamed. but all i could notice was cato's hands on her hips. shaking my head in disbelief, i turned straight around and walked away. tonight was the interviews.
  let's show em' who you are, arwen gold.

——

  sorry for not posting! i've been so busy with schoolwork, that i just can't find time to write, but i'll do better i promise! :)

  anyways, glimmer is a jerk. and cato is mysterious. renny is moody. and arwen is the hbic. quote the iconic group.