the train

the train was filled with goodies even i had never tried. it was actually pure heaven. the best part by far was the bread filled with smooth raspberry filling. i ate all four of them available. i didn't mind if that was selfish.
  everyone was in the corner of the main room staring at me with amusement. the boy picked was a guy in a grade before me named renny smithens. a total snob. he was handsome enough, with messy black hair and green eyes. but, he was the playboy of our whole district school, so i didn't want to be involved with him.
"johanna will be here to greet you guys any minute." pryce stated, looking between renny and i. then her eyes lingered on me, "please behave." and with that she was out of the room.
johanna would be our mentor, i presume. she won the 71st hunger games at the age of eighteen, i remember seeing her around our district, but she never associated with others. being a victor must have been dreadfully hard, although my parents loved to brag.
with that, the one and only johanna mason walked in the room with pryce following not far behind. johanna was wearing a simple green tee and blue jeans, but her hair was a mess. she still looked scary enough, but i'd never been one to get scared. maybe renny was.
"well, looks like we have miss gold." her eyes scanned over me before moving on to renny. "and mr. hottie, you might have a shot at sponsors, the both of you." she said with a calmed voice. she wasn't nervous, i could tell. our mentor strided through the small living room to a couch and sat, glaring at us.
i raised an eyebrow at her.
"i'm sorry, but shouldn't you be telling us how to win, instead of how good looking we are?" i almost yelled. i was clearly annoyed at this point. pryce nodded at this, i don't think she got along too well with johanna.
"i'm here to tell you the truth. your parents won only by their looks, they had no skill. and i'm almost certain you're the same." her voice was blunt. i was beyond upset at this, but i instead gave her a wicked smile. she didn't know what was coming for her.
"interesting that you say such, but i'll let it slide. this time anyways." i mocked giving her a deathly glare. she cocked her head to the side and raised her eyebrows.
"let's watch reapings, shall we?"

district one had a very pretty girl named glimmer. but i didn't like her, at all. she seemed too cocky, and she was a career. i would definitely avoid her. the boy was a tall, lanky one named marvel. he seemed kind.
district two was the one that got me. the girls name was clove. she was short and kind of looked like a rabbit in my own opinion. i leaned forward in the couch while looking at the boy, his name was cato. he was blonde and had a big muscly build, his eyes held mischief and pride. i seemed to be already infatuated by him. i couldn't look away. although, he was very intimidating. i was slightly terrified, and that's a lot for me to say.
i was taken out of my trance when district three came on the screen.
i blanked out until district seven was almost over, i was somewhat nervous to see what i looked like.
you could see pryce up on the stage, unfolding the first paper. with her little smirk, she called my name. the cameras scanned the crowd until stopping on me.
my eyebrows were furrowed and i was striding up to the stage. i looked, different. something was held in my eyes. determination, maybe? or confidence? something was held that i couldn't quite put my finger on.
but i knew something for sure, and anyone who watched my reaping would know.
i held the face of a victor.

——

that was a short chapter :(
anyways, she saw cato! kinda.

i'm so excited for what's in store ;)