Bring Her Back

J POV
Betty has been gone for a few months now. Juliet texts me from her phone almost everyday, begging me to come get her. I walk into the bar and everyone is mopey as always. "You need to bring her back. This is getting old." Toni says. "If she doesn't want to come back, then I'm not going to force her." I say and go up to the office.

B POV
"Juliet. Come on you have school." I say. She slowly made her way to the door. I drive her to school and go to work. I step out from the back room and take a deep breath. I clean the counter and heard my name. I look up to see Jacob with a couple of his friends. I roll my eyes and walk over. "What can I get you guys?" I ask, staring at my notepad. "Black coffee." one says. I look up slightly and see Jughead. "What about you Jacob?" I ask, trying to stay calm. "I'll have the same." he replies. I nod and head behind the counter. I bring their coffees back and turn to leave but Jacob grabs my wrist. "Yes?" I ask, looking back at him.

"I want to talk." he says. "Jacob." I whine, "I have to work." "Just for a minute." he says. "If I get fired because of you, I'm going to murder you." I glare. "You love me too much." he grins. I sigh and sit across from them. "When did you change your hair?" he asks. "Are you serious? I could get fired and you want to know when I dyed my hair?" I say. "Yep." he smirks. "A couple weeks ago." I glare at him.

Betty's hair^

Betty's hair^

"I like it." he grins. "Are we through?" I stand. "Nope. Sit." he points. Jughead remained silent the entire time. "Jacob. I need to work." I glare. "Your shift is over in a few minutes." he smirks. "You stalker." I say, and head to the backroom.

I change and sit at their table. "I'm not a stalker." he states. "I don't remember inviting you over recently." I cross my arms. "When is your doctor appointment?" he asks. "Tomorrow." I reply. "Can I go with you?" he asks. "No." I say flatly and look at the time.

"Jughead. You've barely said a word." Jacob says, and I look up from my phone. "Ms. Cooper?" I hear. I look up and see my boss. I stand and walk over to her. "Yes ma'am." I say. "You forgot this in the back." she hands me a sonogram. "Thank you." I smile. "When do you find out if it's a boy or girl?" she asks. "Tomorrow actually." I reply. "You need another girl." she says, and I giggle. "One is enough." I reply, making her laugh.

J POV
Betty sat back down across from us. "What was that about?" Jacob asks. "I forgot something in the back." she replies. She shouldn't have to even be here, but me being me. I screwed up. "Can we all meet up sometime? I need to see my favorite girl." Jacob says. "I'm going to pick her up in a little bit. Maybe we can meet at the park." Betty says, "that includes you Jughead." I look up at her with raised eyebrows. "Really?" I ask. "Yep." She pops the p and stands, "I gotta go get her. I'll see you both at the park." She leaves and Jacob turns to face me. "How do you know Betty?" he asks. "It's a long story." I sigh.

We go to the park and I see Juliet and Betty walking. Juliet stops in her tracks when she sees me and starts running towards us. I kneel and hug her tightly. "Hi bug." I whisper. "Hi daddy." she grins at me. I pick her up and Betty came over. "Betts." Jacob says. "Jacob." she replies. "You two know each other don't you?" he asks. "Yea." we say. "When did you get here?" Juliet asks. "Yesterday." I reply and she rests her head on my shoulder. "I missed you." she whispers. "I know. I missed you too." I whisper back.

Betty sat on the bench while Juliet was playing with Jacob. "How did you find me?" she asks. "Jacob." I reply, sitting next to her. "Why did you even come?" she says, not looking at me. "She is miserable without both of us. She texts me nearly everyday to come get her." I say. "I'm not going back Jughead." she says. "I know, but everyone misses you. Kevin even joined the serpents." I say. "Making me feel guilty for leaving isn't going to make me want to go back." she replies. "I need you." I say quietly. "No you don't. It's the same every time Jughead. It's a never ending game." she says.

B POV
We go to Jacobs apartment. "When was the last time you cleaned in here?" I ask, looking around. "The last time you came." he smirks. "I swear. You make me clean this place every time I'm over." I sit on the couch with Juliet, "so start cleaning. I want to know if they taught you anything." He smiles at me sarcastically and starts cleaning. Jughead sat next to Juliet and she climbs on his lap. They were talking for a while and I rested my hand on my stomach.

"Mama?" Juliet asks. "Yea Bug?" I ask. "Can I go back with daddy?" she asks. "You have school." I reply. "Please mama." She begs and I sigh. "Ask him." I stand and go to the kitchen. "You do know how to clean?" I smirk. "Yes Betts. I'm not that stupid." he says. "I'm surprised." I tease and he pushes my shoulder slightly.

We leave and I put Juliet in the car. I close her door and sigh. "Betts." I hear and turn to see Jughead. "What Jughead?" I ask. "Will you please come back?" he asks. "No. We live here now. I'm not going anywhere." I reply. "Even if we're all miserable and want to be together?" he says. "I'm not going back. That's my final answer." I say. "Please Betts. I love you and I want to raise our kids together. I want to marry you and live in that house in Greendale with you." he says. "Then why did you say what you did?" I ask, tears in my eyes. "Because I screw up everything. I need you and Juliet. I'm losing my mind in Riverdale." he says. "Jug-" he cut me off by pulling me closer. "I love you." he says and kisses me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head on his chest. "Will you stay with me tonight?" he asks. "Where are you staying?" I ask. "A hotel room." he replies. "Ok." I whisper.

He drives to the hotel and carries Juliet inside. We get to his room and he lays Juliet on the bed. He hugs me tightly when he turns to me. "Please come back." he whispers. I hide my face in his chest. "Please. I need you." he says. "I know." I whisper.

We stayed up talking for a while. "You know Betts." he says softly. "What?" I ask. "No one in Riverdale knows you're pregnant except for Toni." he chuckles and my heart twists. "I'm sorry." I whisper, staring at the floor. He pulls me into his lap. "Don't say that." he says, kissing my shoulder. "It's my fault." I say, a tear slipping down my cheek. "No. It's mine. I shouldn't have been a jerk." he says softly.

I woke up before both of them and went to the doctor. "Betty Cooper?" I stand and follow the nurse. "How are you today?" she asks. "I really want to know what I'm having." I say excitedly. "Ok." she replies and puts the jelly on my stomach. "You are having a girl. Congratulations!" she says. "Thank you." I smile. I wipe the jelly off and go back to Jughead's hotel room. They were making breakfast in the kitchen and I laid on the bed.

"Mama!" Juliet says and lays next to me. "Where were you?" Jughead asks. "The doctor." I say, turning to my side. "What did she say?" Juliet asks. "Not much." I reply. "Did she tell you what you are having?" she asks. "I can't really remember." I tease, closing my eyes. "What are you having Betts?" Jughead asks sitting on the bed next to me. I start to drift off, until Juliet shakes me. "Tell me!" she whines. "Maybe later." I yawn.

Soon I'm being tickled by them. "Tell us!" Juliet says. "Stop!" I giggle. They finally stop and I catch my breath. I sit up slightly and Juliet stares at me. "Please." she begs. "Maybe." I reply. "Come on Betts." Jughead says. "You are both childish." I laugh. "I take offense to that." Jughead says and I grin at him. "Please tell me." Juliet whines. "Ok. Ok." I say and she watches me intently, "You are getting a baby sister."