CALL ME ARTHUR | t w o

|  o ʍ ʇ

Edelinne had sat there for awhile, unsure of what to do

Edelinne had sat there for awhile, unsure of what to do. In shock from what had just happened between her and Leon. She knew how she felt about him, she just never knew he returned her feelings. Her mind was going a mile a minute, thoughts of what she'll say and do when she sees him again.

She let time pass as she sat by the river until she decided that she couldn't stay there forever, that she would have to face the real world again. Upon her arrival inside the walls of Camelot she saw a sight she would rather not see.

"Hey, come on, that's enough," oh boy.

She started to rush over to her new friend as the Prince of Camelot stared incredulously at him. Arthur began to walk towards Merlin and Edelinne picked up her pace into a light jog. She heard him say, "You've had your fun, my friend." Oh, Merlin, Gaius is going to kill me. It felt like no matter how fast she moved she was still so far away from the two boys and Arthur's knight posey.

"Merlin!" She called out, practically tripping over her dress as she barreled towards them. But it seemed that neither of them heard her. Her eyes scanned for Leon, pleading for his help, but he avoided her gaze.

"Yeah, I'd never have a friend who could be such an ass."

Finally, she caught up to them and slammed her hand down on Merlin's shoulder, "Merlin, I've been looking for you," she turned to Arthur and curtsied, "your highness." Merlin looked at her with so much confusion in his blue eyes. She began to drag him away when Arthur commanded for them to stop.

"Or I one who could be so stupid."

Ah, the Pendragon bloodline, she thought, "I apologize for him, m'lord. He isn't the smartest boy. Merlin, say you're sorry." Merlin nearly scoffed at her kindness towards the prat in front of him, this man could be no lord based off of his rudeness, aren't lords and ladies supposed to be kind?

"You should listen to your pretty friend, tell me, Merlin, do you know how to walk on your knees?"

She looked at the prince pleadingly, "I believe this is enough." Her kind tone slowly disappearing as her patience grew thin, but this time Arthur ignored her. Merlin seemed to ignore her too, "No." Merlin's voice was strong and Edelinne feared the aftermath of this quarrel.

"Would you like me to help you?"

And of course, Merlin threatened the future king, making his annoyance grow. Arthur began to antagonize Merlin and Edelinne found her eyes boring into Leon's skull, begging, pleading for him to help. With Arthur's final taunt, Merlin took a swing at him. One which Arthur easily caught and twisted Merlin's arm behind his back. When Arthur finally told Merlin who he was and threatened him will jail, Edelinne had finally had it.

"Enough!"

Arthur held his grip on Merlin but stared at her as she opened her mouth to speak further, "I understand that you are to be king one day, but that does not give you the excuse to treat your subjects like dirt. Merlin made a mistake, I know, but even Lords make mistakes, so understand that and be lenient towards him. He's just a boy, not a smart one, but a boy nonetheless."